Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beretta A400

What does the British Broadcasting Company have to do with this? Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    God. When will you fuckers learn. Beretta holdings group owns Benelli and Franchi. It’s called marketing
    Fiat Chrysler owns Ferrari soo...

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I take it y'all haven't met Gander or have seen him shoot.
    I’ve seen Gander shoot.

He’s aight, I guess.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    What does the British Broadcasting Company have to do with this? Stay on topic.
    Neil Innes did just recently pass away.

Benelli is the red headed step child of Beretta.

That’s sad. I like holy grail, and some of their skits are ok. Was BBC involved in his passing?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I’ve seen Gander shoot.

He’s aight, I guess.
    Yeah, he hits more than he misses.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    That’s sad. I like holy grail, and some of their skits are ok. Was BBC involved in his passing?
    Nope, but that's where their show first started airing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Light is only good when you enjoy more recoil or need to carry it a long way. Heavier is better if you like less recoil and want a smoother swing. What feels good in the store doesn't always translate well in the field.
    Solid advice here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twenty flawless, accurate and soft shooting 3inch rounds thru it with different factory chokes.
    I am still confused about why I am not suppose to like it?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Twenty flawless, accurate and soft shooting 3inch rounds thru it with different factory chokes.
    I am still confused about why I am not suppose to like it?
    As I always say.
    SBE3 is like feeling a fresh set of titties. Not your wife or old lady’s tits but a brand new fresh set of prime titties for the first time. If you don’t like that go buy something else and start sucking dicks.

In all seriousness I love beretta and am not a benelli fan historically but the SB3 is a completely different feel. It would never be my choice for sporting clays or skeet but for a field gun it smokes the a400 in every aspect. Plus I like tittles sooooo
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Well I did have enough sense to adjust the barrel stop ring before I shot it.
    That is why they shoot high for those of you that don't know and it is what Benelli tightens down when
    you send it back to them. I can show anyone where it is and what to look for if needed, its not easy to spot and takes about 15 mins to fix.
    Oh, and I am going to put the Benelli sticker in the back window of the new Vette, so lock your women up fellas.
    I would like to know more about it. I bought a SBE 3 not long after they came out and it definitely patterns way high. If I get to shoot a lot, I'll eventually remember that it hits high and adjust but I've have a lot of misses early in dove and duck season each year until I remember to compensate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    I would like to know more about it. I bought a SBE 3 not long after they came out and it definitely patterns way high. If I get to shoot a lot, I'll eventually remember that it hits high and adjust but I've have a lot of misses early in dove and duck season each year until I remember to compensate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    PM me your phone number and I will call you tomorrow and cover it with you.
    I am too lazy to type it all out and post pics right now.
    Basically, take your barrel and forearm grip off, you should be then looking at the receiver with the magazine tube
    sticking out. Both ends of the magazine tube are threaded. One end is screwed into your receiver, the other end is threaded and is where
    you screw the cap on to assemble and disassemble. Look at the ring that is threaded on the magazine tube, that is the barrel stop ring.
    It should be screwed all the way down, if you see a thread or two below it......that's the issue. Now, it has thread locker under it and you need to take a heat
    gun and heat the ring to loosen the loctite, I used a commercial quality heat gun and moved the heat all around it until it was pretty hot, then took a pair of channel lock pliers and turned it down. I did not put the receiver in a vise because it will distort it unless you have the proper equipment, I was able to wrap it in a towel and just lean on it with an elbow while wrenching the lock ring.
    The pliers will scar the ring if you don't take precautions but I didn't care because no one will see it and if I did care, I can order a new ring for $20 from Brownell's. I did take a piece of emery cloth and sand the burs that the pliers made off the ring when done. A lot of folks do this themselves but most send it back to Benelli. It depends on your comfort level.
    This is the exact fix, Benelli does when you send it to them and it is returned fixed. Now this may not be your issue and yours could be threaded all the way down.
    But only takes a second to check it.
    Note: I am not a gunsmith and not responsible if you trash your stuff, proceed at your own risk
    You can google this subject and find a few threads on it around the gun forums
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-07-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    And naming a shotgun "Super Black Eagle" was one of the biggest marketing wins in firearms history......
    Not as good as "Super Black Coot" would have been
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-07-2020 at 11:35 PM.

I've experienced all A400 models .... recently bought the extreme plus..... All shoot the same but extreme plus lengthened forcing cone has a more dense pattern than the others and raise Rib helps a lot..... I use a Hiviz site with it so it's a bird buster...

Extreme plus will come with 5 chokes otherwise all other models have 3 chokes with it unless you go to a limited edition route which enhances the looks of the gun but i think it's not worth it.

P.S I didn't go thru the entire thread and shared feedback, realized you've bought the Benelli....We have limited shell manufacturers, gas-operated shells stuck during ejection in Benelli, had to sell it.... That's said, the feel of Benelli on upland hunts is far better than the A400 but for ducks & clay, A400 gives a smoother swing.
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 01-08-2020 at 12:15 AM.

I've never owned a Beretta that I felt like I needed to have any work done to it to make it shoot well. I've had the forcing cone lengthened in two guns in my life, both M2's, both patterns improved noticeably.
    I remember my first shotgun.... then I bought a M2, and well it kills shit.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I remember my first shotgun.... then I bought a M2, and well it kills shit.
    Congrats?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Congrats?
    I like the comparison on how you had to send the M2’s off to make them “better”

So you never added or taken anything to have mods done to make it better?
    More fuel = more boost!!

I am tomorrow.. let's all do lunch together.

I’ve owned 4 Berettas. Good guns. Owned an Xtrema and wore it out in 10 years. And Beretta was the one that said it needed to be rebuilt completely. Negative! Bought another and it kept breaking parts. Sold it. The other two were great guns. Wish I still had the 391 20ga. On to Benelli, have 3 and love them. And I’m not going to lie and say none of them have ever hung up. I travel a lot to hunt and need the durability which Benelli has given me. That’s just me.

PS any factory gun can have improvements done to them. It’s all opinions buy what works for you
    80-20 Genaration