Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta A400

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Light is only good when you enjoy more recoil or need to carry it a long way. Heavier is better if you like less recoil and want a smoother swing. What feels good in the store doesn't always translate well in the field.
    To me, this gun felt way better than any others I held, I spent time with them all today.
    The Brownings, The Remingtons, The Beretta's, Franchi and others
    No comparison, wasn't even close......for me
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-06-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    Hope that one shoots straight
    I'll let ya know tomorrow

Great choice. I went from shooting Beretta's to Benelli's for the same exact reason you did. They simply feel better when shouldering the gun. Sure they kick a little more, but they are alot cleaner and a heck of alot lighter. Nice work Rick!
    "run and gun guide service"

Default Beretta A400

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Light is only good when you enjoy more recoil or need to carry it a long way. Heavier is better if you like less recoil and want a smoother swing. What feels good in the store doesn't always translate well in the field.
    The recoil is equal on the 2. I have owned both. Swing is preferable. I thought the A400 swung like a damn 2x4. But I know plenty of people who say the same about the SBE3.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-06-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Wonder when the next will come out
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

you made a good decision. beretta makes a fine shotgun, and im no paid shooter, but they feel like swinging a 6x6 after spending a decade behind a sbe. I've hunted 15ish days a year in the salt water (obx) plus all the trips to arkansas & the like with a sbe2. Zero hiccups. I dont think its ever failed to properly eject a shell. Cleaning and maintenance is a breeze with benelli.

I haven't held a beretta that hasn't felt like a waterlogged 2x4.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

This thread just went to a beretta vs benelli debate. Kinda like Hoyt vs Mathews.

I truly was unbiased and went into it with an open mind and
    I really wanted an A400 until they were side by side on the counter.
    Not bashing the A400 at all, because I know they are sweet and look great too, but
    the SBE3 felt better to me in every aspect. All you gurus ever say, is try em and buy the one that
    feels and fits the best and that's what I did.....even though its pretty much common sense
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-06-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Yeah, but that's like listening to any fella working behind 99% of the gun counters in this state..

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    This thread just went to a beretta vs benelli debate. Kinda like Hoyt vs Mathews.
    Mathews is far superior to Hoyt currently. They aren’t even in the same stadium right now. Hoyt spend all their available cash on big sponsor deals and all but dumped their QC and customer service departments. Last year was a train wreck for them. John Dudley is now jumping ship.

As for the shotguns, both are amazing.

I just wanted to derail this thread more.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Mathews is far superior to Hoyt currently. They arenā€™t even in the same stadium right now. Hoyt spend all their available cash on big sponsor deals and all but dumped their QC and customer service departments. Last year was a train wreck for them. John Dudley is now jumping ship.

As for the shotguns, both are amazing.

I just wanted to derail this thread more.
    That’s why I shoot a Mathews but the debate goes on none the less.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-06-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    While y'all were discussing all this,
    I called Cabela's in Augusta and Greenville to see if they had the A400 in-stock that was advertised on sale
    and thought I'd stop by Sportsman's Warehouse on the way, to handle an A400 one last time before driving an hour.
    Well, I said, "let me hold that SBE3 right there to compare them"
    I walked out the door spending a load more but the thinner grip area and thinner forearm was some kinda sweet
    and everytime I threw the gun up, the front bead was right where it should be.
    New Benelli SBE 3, 28 inch, Bottomland
    Attachment 52525
    What else you need to clean out of the safe for this purchase??? PM me with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    What else you need to clean out of the safe for this purchase??? PM me with anything.
    My inventory is just about where I want it with pistols, rifles, evil black guns and shotguns.
    Though cross-bows are peaking my interest
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-06-2020 at 05:59 PM.

I like the way the SBEs feel and shoulder vs the Berettas, but I prefer the Beretta's flat rib. I only shoot the Beretta when it matters.

Should have held that Franchi just a little longer.... takes a solid 2 and half minutes and the feel and price take hold of you

You will love that SBE 3.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    " MEAT STICK" ???
    Only if you're a Phan.
    Last edited by scdiver; 01-06-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Should have held that Franchi just a little longer.... takes a solid 2 and half minutes and the feel and price take hold of you
    The Franchi was real nice and funny you say that because I thought the same thing vs price.
    I just told my youngest he should take a look at it

Some of fellas must have girly arms if you think 8 pounds is heavy. Gracious, go to the gym already.