Thread: Lease near Horry County

Default Lease near Horry County

Now that season is over I figured I would toss this out there. I know its a little early but I am giving up my current lease and will be looking for a new lease next season. I have been privileged enough to have been hunting private land for many years but the distance is no longer worth the commute for me and my family. It is hard to get the time away from the family anyway so I need something that I hunt a morning or evening and easily pop in and out.

I am not looking for anything fancy, do not need a clubhouse or campsite. I would prefer something in Horry county, anywhere around Longs, Conway and as far out as Green Sea or Aynor. I am open to a little farther out if the land/price is right, but prefer to be closer to the beach to keep the drive down. This could be a club or a small tract of land leased by a single person. Would ask for a written lease. Still hunt only and dedicated stands.

I will be taking up bow soon, so I am willing for a bow only club/lease if the tract demands it. I haven't found much in the area that, which is why I have been coming to terms with the fact that I may be hunting public land in order to stay closer and keep my costs down, but would appreciate any consideration if you have or hear of anything near by.
    Feel free to message me with any details. Thank You
    Last edited by duckz; 01-03-2020 at 09:32 AM.

How much you willing to pay. Small tracts within an hour of the beach command premium prices. I pay more per acre 5 minutes from my house than I do in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    How much you willing to pay. Small tracts within an hour of the beach command premium prices. I pay more per acre 5 minutes from my house than I do in Iowa.
    Exactly. That has been the main reason why I have been willing to drive to my current tract. But with work, young kids and the never ending honey-do list it isn't feasible to drive that far.
    I actually haven't found any leases around Horry yet so I don't know what the going rate is per acre. I have had this tract for a long time and never really looked anywhere until now. I can tell you I pay around $10/acre now, but that's not in Horry and it is a very large tract so may not the same.

I am sure I will hunt public, even though I don't want to, so I am fine with a small 10-20 acre tract. I enjoy hunting different areas so a small tract would be nice that I can have a steady spot and supplement with public land too. I also want to get my son out but not on public. Or a club is fine too.
    Last edited by duckz; 01-03-2020 at 11:20 AM.

I leased a 30 ac tract to a guy near the Hwy 22/905 intersection for a few years. He leased a larger tract from a neighbor and paid me $500, or $17/acre, for my piece. I thought it was high at the time, but he didn’t blink an eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Do you pay every year in Iowa or just the years you draw, if you do not mind me asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only lease one little 40 acre tract but I pay $6.50 an acre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Do you pay every year in Iowa or just the years you draw, if you do not mind me asking.

Pay every year. 3 guys on 400 acres. Local relative keeps and eye on everything. Draw archery every 3 years or gun hunt every other year. I saw one shooter this year in bow range and killed a very average for Iowa 9pt on last sit that I had seen multiple times. Probably should have let him walk, but i had seen a dozen more like him and I hate coming home empty handed. We've lost a ton of bucks to EHD. Lots of turkeys and pheasants are making a comeback.
    Last edited by FLS; 01-03-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks