Thread: Released Today - New Ruger 57

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Released Today - New Ruger 57

Announced today, Ruger just released the a competitor to the FN Five-seveN, the Ruger 57 in 5.7 x 28.

Scroll down for the short video demo.

New Ruger 57
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 12-31-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

They are also releasing a Ruger LCP II in .22lr. Lot of good stuff hitting the market from Ruger.

Ruger damn sure has forgotten how to make an aesthetically pleasing pistol. Just when you thought there is nothing uglier than a Glock. Hahahaha
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Hopefully the price is better than the FN
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Hopefully the price is better than the FN
    My thoughts too.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

S799 SRP.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    They are also releasing a Ruger LCP II in .22lr. Lot of good stuff hitting the market from Ruger.
    If it was .22mag I would buy one tomorrow
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Ruger has never made an appealing semi-auto. I have a P89 DC. Like shooting a 70’s era Craftsman drill.

This is about as interesting as Oldsmobile coming back

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    S799 SRP.
    Yep. Davidson's Gallery of Guns, MSRP is $799, but not available yet. Gunbroker 'buy me now' price is $995 - $999. To contrast these prices, at Davidson's the FN57 Black, runs MSRP of $1,435.

No way I’m paying $799 for a Semi auto Ruger. Once the new wears off, you’ll be able to find them sub $500.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    No way I’m paying $799 for a Semi auto Ruger. Once the new wears off, you’ll be able to find them sub $500.
    Good point.

A gun without a mission.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I’ve had multiple LCP’s and everyone of them have went bang. Not the most appealing but it does the job. Every time I think I don’t want one and sell it, I buy another. Perfect semi to fit in the pocket.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 01-02-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

What's the compelling idea behind the 5.7 necked pistol cartridge? What is it designed to be better at? I'm guessing the ammo is expensive as hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    What's the compelling idea behind the 5.7 necked pistol cartridge? What is it designed to be better at? I'm guessing the ammo is expensive as hell too.
    A pistol that can shoot through soft body armor.

It's basically a small rifle round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Ruger has never made an appealing semi-auto. I have a P89 DC. Like shooting a 70’s era Craftsman drill.
    I've like some of the Mark series pistols.

I just throwed up in my mouf a little bit.

I have a LCP that is probably the most over-priced one around. Had night sights put on it by Innovative Arms a while back. It helped my ability to shoot it accurately immensely. It's role is as a back up or when I absolutely can't hide anything else.

I also have a Government Target Mark II that I picked up for the low low price of $125. I have plans for it. Ruger's strengths have been in good consumer grade semiauto 22's.

As for the 5.7 going through soft body armor, the civilian ammo generally will not from a handgun length barrel.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen