Thread: SnapSafe Doors

Default SnapSafe Doors

Has anyone used on of these doors or any of their products? Made by Hornady and a bit cheaper than a custom vault door. Have a client that wants to build a safe room/vault but won’t be CMU or poured like I’ve done in the past and doesn’t want the expense of a traditional vault door.

https://www.snapsafe.com/specialty-s...ult-room-doors
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 12-30-2019 at 05:31 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I keep clicking on the link but nothing’s happening?

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    12 gauge steel is not the best, but it is really all about how much your client wants to spend. Probably not going to find anything better at that price.
    No, I’d prefer 10ga or better but when you get to that it’s a big jump in price. Room is going to be FRT lumber for framing, 3 layers of 5/8” type C drywall on each side and ceiling, security mesh, mineral wool insulation, fire suppression canister and a few other things to bring up security and fire protection. I’d love to do masonry/concrete but it’s not feasible in this situation.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I can’t wait to have me a basement bunker like Burt and Heather.

I'd love to have a vault/saferoom but if I did, along with the vault type door, I'd want it cleverly hidden, like behind a sliding bookshelf, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'd love to have a vault/saferoom but if I did, along with the vault type door, I'd want it cleverly hidden, like behind a sliding bookshelf, etc.
    Something like that here.

I was looking at the literature on them with Joey at Angler’s Sporting Goods last week. He is thinking of carrying them. The modular safes really got my interest. The vault doors looked to be pretty good if you are building one into a block or concrete wall. I wouldn’t add one to an existing closet as a thief would just come through the Sheetrock once he saw the vault door.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 12-30-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I was looking at the literature on them with Joey at Angler’s Sporting Goods last week. He is thinking of carrying them. The modular safes really got my interest. The vault doors looked to be pretty good if you are building one into a block or concrete wall. I wouldn’t add one to an existing closet as a thief would just come through the Sheetrock once he saw the vault door.
    This isn't going to be an existing closet, 6 layers of 5/8" drywall total, security mesh, rod, resilient channel and a few other things. Putting it in a single layer with nothing else is pretty useless.

Should work good then. They several different installation set ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

They have the weight listed as 350# for a 36” door.