Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog hunting is a great tradition that needs help staying alive

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    The property off 6 outside of Creston?
    Just got a call and a couple more farmers are giving us rights to their land too. Got 30 plus packs already committed. Got to find at least 10-15 more with the extra land. It’ll be one for the books for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Just got a call and a couple more farmers are giving us rights to their land too. Got 30 plus packs already committed. Got to find at least 10-15 more with the extra land. It’ll be one for the books for sure.
    If them dogs get into Halfway Swamp we all know what’s going to happen. There will be deer running everywhere.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    If them dogs get into Halfway Swamp we all know what’s going to happen. There will be deer running everywhere.
    Sounds like a darn good time

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    This kind of dog hunting causes problems for the ones that are NOT ok with having dogs all over the creation.

I would rather dog hunt than still hunt but this mentality gets under my skin.
    We work extremely hard to ALWAYS keep dogs on our property and to want 40-45 packs of dogs is nothing more than chaos and giving the hunters that are against dog hunting leverage to push for other unnecessary restrictions that only cause the ones doing the right thing headaches

It only screws up all of the surrounding properties for a few days ....why should they be concerned?

But yet it’s concerning and illegal to shoot their dogs and smash their collars..now is that fair?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    This kind of dog hunting causes problems for the ones that are NOT ok with having dogs all over the creation.

I would rather dog hunt than still hunt but this mentality gets under my skin.
    We work extremely hard to ALWAYS keep dogs on our property and to want 40-45 packs of dogs is nothing more than chaos and giving the hunters that are against dog hunting leverage to push for other unnecessary restrictions that only cause the ones doing the right thing headaches
    I thought/think he was joking.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    He is. That group of guys are very considerate of neighboring land and land owners when they hunt. Most of the neighbors welcome the dogs, especially this late in the season.
    More fuel = more boost!!

when I had dogs, we would join up with other clubs and turn out everything that could walk on the last day.
    Everyone looked forward to it, deer running everywhere, great time to be still hunting later that same evening also as the
    deer headed back to where they were jumped earlier that morning.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-30-2019 at 10:46 PM.

The last day of the season can certainly be fun and we’ll partake for sure. It’s the days you’re not expecting it that can mess up your day. I use to look forward to hearing the dogs more than I do now. It’s at least nice to know.

Fuck you anti dog hunting bitches. Go hunt in Ohio.

At least they called a day ahead. The farmer would like for you to shoot a lot more does and do your part to manage the population.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Just got the word dogs are being turn loose south of our property on Wednesday without giving two $hit$ or consideration to properties or boundaries. It really pisses me off.
    really you should be thanking the dog hunters for coming on your land and running the deer for you. gets the heart racin' bo!
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

It will hard to find a Club Like Causey... That was a different breed, club Headquarters used to be Bill Strickland’s beer joint.

Anything to get the goats on their feets please
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    The last day of the season can certainly be fun and we’ll partake for sure. It’s the days you’re not expecting it that can mess up your day. I use to look forward to hearing the dogs more than I do now. It’s at least nice to know.
    Kill one for me. I need meat.

Quote Originally Posted by cole2011 View Post
    Dog hunting is becoming nothing more than childhood memories for many folks. I grew up hunting a club called Wahee gun club down in Marion county. They lost dog hunting rights back in 2010 do to still hunters complaining. I do my fair share of still hunting, but dog hunting is where the excitement is. I jumped over to another club in Horry county called Causey. Both have been awesome clubs. I have since moved to chapin for work and driving the 2.5 hours to Causey is becoming to much. I have my first born that will be arriving in July and really want them to have the opportunity I did and grow up in a dog club. Are there any clubs accepting new members with in a hour or so of Columbia?
    What exactly were the still hunters complaining about? I dont think anyone has a problem with dog hunting as long as they stay where they are supposed to be. Its simple really

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Fuck you anti dog hunting bitches. Go hunt in Ohio.
    And heres the reason it should be illegal right here

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    What exactly were the still hunters complaining about? I dont think anyone has a problem with dog hunting as long as they stay where they are supposed to be. Its simple really
    Exactly.

I don’t mind dog hunting but not once have we ever received a phone call asking for permission or if we cared if dogs came on our land. Not once has anyone ever called and asked if they could come get their dog but I’ve caught them trying to come through our gate to get a dog. Our neighbor says the same thing. Common curtesy is all we ask for.

With all the odd south winds we've had later in the season we had trouble with our dogs getting out and onto a neighbors land. We shut 2 hunts down made the call and they were more than happy to let us in. We ended up sending them out a schedule of our hunts (we only run dogs 12 times during the season) and it helped even more. Like has been stated common courtesy goes miles! Just don't want the call from any neighbor saying they are going to remove collars and shoot the dogs. That doesn't end well for anyone involved. Also, GPS has helped us being able to let the neighbors know we know exactly where to go get our dogs if they are on their property. Now if we could just get standers to shoot straight and catch the dogs. We had a group of guests this weekend that wouldn't attempt to get out of their damn lounge chairs to stop the dogs.
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 12-31-2019 at 11:03 AM.