Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog hunting is a great tradition that needs help staying alive

Default Dog hunting is a great tradition that needs help staying alive

Dog hunting is becoming nothing more than childhood memories for many folks. I grew up hunting a club called Wahee gun club down in Marion county. They lost dog hunting rights back in 2010 do to still hunters complaining. I do my fair share of still hunting, but dog hunting is where the excitement is. I jumped over to another club in Horry county called Causey. Both have been awesome clubs. I have since moved to chapin for work and driving the 2.5 hours to Causey is becoming to much. I have my first born that will be arriving in July and really want them to have the opportunity I did and grow up in a dog club. Are there any clubs accepting new members with in a hour or so of Columbia?
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

You should have just asked about a club.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You should have just asked about a club.
    Yeah dear lord. Just say, hey looking for a trespassing, yearling killing club. Would've been much shorter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    Yeah dear lord. Just say, hey looking for a trespassing, yearling killing club. Would've been much shorter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Now, now, not all of them trespass. Just most of them.

Pbiz and crew seem to do it right but they are on the far far end of the bell curve.

Check out White Circle in Bamburg I've hunted with them several times good group.
    Not sure Peoples in Barnwell is excepting members or not.
    Blackville is a good group as well.
    Our club in Allendale is currently full

Quote Originally Posted by TennDan View Post
    Pbiz and crew seem to do it right but they are on the far far end of the bell curve.
    Absolutely. Clubs like his shouldn’t have to suffer just because the rest are worthless.
    Last edited by wskinner; 12-30-2019 at 04:48 PM.

We run our dogs where wskinner hunts, we in and out before he can call the GW.

Haha. Typical dawg. Get in the game then disappear.

Dog hunting will likely become illegal.

There is no attempt to self regulate themselves and they are completely out of control.

Just got the word dogs are being turn loose south of our property on Wednesday without giving two $hit$ or consideration to properties or boundaries. It really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    We run our dogs where wskinner hunts, we in and out before he can call the GW.
    That’s why you don’t call on your group. SSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t hunting season goes out soon in SC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Just got the word dogs are being turn loose south of our property on Wednesday without giving two $hit$ or consideration to properties or boundaries. It really pisses me off.
    Take your gun and kill them in front of their dogs.

We have a club next door to us that is great. They wit their asses off to do it right and make sure they don’t impact anyone. We had them over to hunt our place today and it was a great hunt and helped us manage some does and had a grown one missed. If a pack of dogs running a deer won’t get your heart pumping you need to go see the cardiologist because something is wrong with it.
    cut\'em

Sure dog hunt is fun if I’m out dog hunting with a club on dog hunting property. It’s not fun when I’m sitting on our little 100 acre tract and packs of dogs coming running through.

They need to ban all still hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Take your gun and kill them in front of their dogs.
    I use to love it years ago when I had a small family spot in eastern NC and I could hear the dogs coming toward it. Almost every Saturday morning.
    I have heard them headed toward me and climbed down from my stand quick as I could and try to get in front of them many times.
    My biggest buck was killed in front of their dogs running across my Grandfathers small bean field. They would all trespass and drive into
    the back of his field once they heard me shoot and the dog music stop. I loved having them pick their dogs up all around my dead deers.
    My granddaddy eventually ended up pulling a pistol on a few of the belligerent ones.

Oh and I have nothing against dog hunting. I have owned up to 30 long legged Walkers at one time.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-30-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    The property off 6 outside of Creston?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    The property off 6 outside of Creston?
    Yes sir. You’ll see them Wednesday if you hunt. They are turning loose on the swamp at 33 heading them back towards town is what I was told. At least I have a heads up. Guess we will still hunt till about 8:30 and then pull out the scatter gun for the rest of the day. They actually haven’t run down here in a couple of years.
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-30-2019 at 08:58 PM.