Thread: Ruptured Achilles- That’ll put a damper on hunting season.

Default Ruptured Achilles- That’ll put a damper on hunting season.

Yep, full rupture back before Christmas and I’m officially bored out of my mind. Doc says that it should heal without surgery, thank the Lord. Go back on Thursday to confirm that though.

Anyone else been down this road? What kind of recovery time can I expect? Google is throwing some wide windows out there.

Am I gonna be jogging by turkey season? Give it to me straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-30-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I had some similar issues this past year. Did your doctor put you in a CAM walker boot? I used a padded ankle brace I got from BRD Sport online and also a heel lift in my shoe. That all helped, but what really put me on the road to recovery is when a PT buddy of mine hooked me up with a combination of laser and dry needling treatments. Several weeks of those and I began to get the results I was hoping for. Also, don’t overdo it with the stretching.
    Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    I had some similar issues this past year. Did your doctor put you in a CAM walker boot? I used a padded ankle brace I got from BRD Sport online and also a heel lift in my shoe. That all helped, but what really put me on the road to recovery is when a PT buddy of mine hooked me up with a combination of laser and dry needling treatments. Several weeks of those and I began to get the results I was hoping for. Also, don’t overdo it with the stretching.
    Good luck !
    I'm in an aircast right now and non-weight bearing.

I'm might have to look into some of these treatments.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Dry needling is the tits.

I don't think its gonna be the ticket for me. Quick google says its for tense muscles, etc. Not really what I have going on.

The orthopedist that I saw said the surgical option would be 10-12 weeks of non weight bearing/ partial weight bearing. I decided to try the conservative route first. I was skeptical of the dry needling also, but I have gotten better and that really didn’t start until I started the dry needling and laser. The dry needling was done with the electrical stim through the leads attached to the needles. Could just have been time, but I am a lot better today than I was 6 months ago.

I had a complete (90% torn) 11 years ago, surgery was the only option as it had locked my foot in one position. It took 3.5-4 months before walking without the boot on. I did eventually get to the point of running 5k, 10k and a mini triathlon. Short answer, with surgery, it was a significant recovery.

Had you been taking any antibiotics? I think Cipro can cause ruptured Achilles tendons...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Had you been taking any antibiotics? I think Cipro can cause ruptured Achilles tendons...
    Nope. It was sport activity related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Nope. It was sport activity related.
    If I ever rupture an Achilles from a "sports related activity" y'all should suspect foul play...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

box jumps are hell on the Achilles. Sorry to hear it
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I was told by my Dr, that it would never bust again in the same spot but it could above or below the repair. He also said "no more sports involving nets, jumping or sprinting". I did it playing basketball. And, yes, it does sound like a gun shot when it busts.

Ronnie Lott would've just cut it off.

Good luck with your recovery.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson