Thread: Traps

Default Traps

Is it ok to dip rubber claw traps in wax? Got some from a guy and I'm pretty new to this. He also gave me a good bit of bait that's a couple years old. Is it good?

Waxing is fine, but I'd be leary of boiling them with rubber jaws...I'd at least pressure wash first.

If bait is properly stabilized, it will last for many years...Aging might even make it better...Try it.

Instead of wax I dip in Full metal jacket. As far a boiling I’m not sure. Might try one at a slight boil instead of a hard boil to see how it does
    80-20 Genaration

All boiling water is the same temp

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    All boiling water is the same temp
    So ones it reaches boiling point the temp won’t rise any further ? Guess if you freeze some it stays at 32 degrees ?
    80-20 Genaration

Correct once it reaches boiling it's the same temp. If you continue to turn heat up the extra energy goes into converting to steam faster but the water stays the same temp

You could remove the pads, but if the pads are in good condition, they'll be fine in boiling water. Open jaws, pressure wash, close with nail in jaw (slightly open), then boil to 'clean'. I then dip and wax. Dwayne made a good recommendation with the Full metal jacket, but I prefer dye and wax.

I pressure wash and then dip in full metal jacket. Simpler and easier in my opinion.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Full Metal Jacket is high dollar, you can do the same thing with Zep floor wax from Lowe’s. I still prefer traditional dye and wax.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/