Thread: SimpliSafe

Default SimpliSafe

SimpliSafe was running a 45% off flash-sale the other day so I ordered a system for my home. Hooked it up yesterday and it seems pretty legit. I've got 60 days to try it; keep it or return it. Anyone else have SimpliSafe. Good, bad, ugly? I know the little simple indoor cam is junk. I'll likely get a nest IQ to put on the driveway to go along with the Nest doorbell.

We’ve had it for about 5 years now and it has been great. Super easy to manage your online account and the monthly fee hasn’t changed since we bought the system. All we’ve done is replaced batteries. Right after we purchased it, we had a carbon monoxide detector go bad and it set the alarm off. It was during the day so my wife and I were at work. I got home in 10 min and I bet about half of Greenwood County was at the house. They were great on the customer service end getting a new detector. Also learned from the firefighters who responded that having a carbon monoxide detector up high like a smoke detector is somewhat pointless, as by the time CO levels get high enough 8’ off the ground to set the alarm off, there is a good chance anyone in the house would already be unconscious or strongly effected by the gas. Also, program the 1-800 number in your phones so you don’t ignore it thinking it’s some telemarketer.
    Formerly DM88

We picked one up as well

Darn, sorry I missed that. I need to replace our fire alarm system and was thinking about SimpliSafe as the prime option.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I've had it for 5 or 6 years. It's been great.
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

I've had it for 7 years now. I love it. It was really aggravating in the beginning. I would sometimes forget to disable the alarm. Before I could get into the door and disable from the panel, they would call me... Sometimes, my cell was dead and they sent the cops. They eventually learned not to be so reactive and waited a few before calling.

I have two systems in separate locations for many years and they both have worked flawlessly. I built a new home last year and went ahead and replaced all of the batteries before reinstalling it. Good to go.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"