Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alabama Buck

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Any story to go with this.

Hate to say it but I think along lines of lot of others, high fence and fed very well and genetically controlled environment
    The story probably goes like this: Guy with a fat bonus check in his pocket calls the “ranch” and asks what the biggest deer he has on the place. Ranch manager and client dicker over price and come up with a number in the $40k range for this deer. Client flys in and within an hour has this buck in the crosshairs. Client flys home same day and his mount will be delivered within 6mo to adorn the wall of the bureau in his home. He will invite other shortdick gentlemen over to gawk at the size of the rack. No one he shows this off to will call him out on the blasphemous act in which he calls hunting. He goes to his grave thinking he has truly accomplished something.

He ain’t putting it on the wall to brag about his hunting prowess; that deer right there says “look at the money I have to burn, biatches!” Folks where he’s from don’t recognize a Patek Phillipe or AP watch...he’s got to flaunt his wealth in a manner that his peers understand.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    The story probably goes like this: Guy with a fat bonus check in his pocket calls the “ranch” and asks what the biggest deer he has on the place. Ranch manager and client dicker over price and come up with a number in the $40k range for this deer. Client flys in and within an hour has this buck in the crosshairs. Client flys home same day and his mount will be delivered within 6mo to adorn the wall of the bureau in his home. He will invite other shortdick gentlemen over to gawk at the size of the rack. No one he shows this off to will call him out on the blasphemous act in which he calls hunting. He goes to his grave thinking he has truly accomplished something.
    That was well written. Nice, real nice editorial
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-31-2019 at 12:49 PM.

What the old guy is wearing doesn’t scream money,
    not disagreeing with any of ya though

He likely makes the decision to purchase a few hundred million $$ annually and the producer wanted to do something nice for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk