Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boy I got a damn good Brother in Law

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Tprice, that Taylor has gotten rarer at least for me lately, enjoy it. And also to anyone else, I haven't seen Elmer Lee in like a year, quit asking.

Thanks. Never had it before. Love some BT and Eagle Rare as well as Blantons.

May crack it open tonight and do a little sipping

BIL bought himself a bottle of Rip Van Winkle for himself

Got a good friend that I am dead serious I hope/expect to see in the Govenors Mansion one day, told him WHEN he gets elected we gonna sit down and enjoy a bottle of Pappy at my expense

I'd rather have Blanton's than Pappy ..

I'm going back to Rebel Yell or Old Crow.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I didn’t care for the Taylor. It was a bit turpentine-y to me? Could just be a poor folk thing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    BIL bought himself a bottle of Rip Van Winkle for himself

Got a good friend that I am dead serious I hope/expect to see in the Govenors Mansion one day, told him WHEN he gets elected we gonna sit down and enjoy a bottle of Pappy at my expense
    I wouldn't wish that on a friend.

Blanton’s is some good stuff. Going to Buffalo Trace Friday to do the hard hat tour.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I didn’t care for the Taylor. It was a bit turpentine-y to me? Could just be a poor folk thing though.

I agree. There rolled out a cart of it when we we at the distillery a while back and people were acting all walmarks on black friday over it. Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

At least I will know that I can walk into the likka sto and leave with what I want. No one else wants to drink Old Crow or Rebel Yell around here. I may even upgrade to George Dickel..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I'd rather have Blanton's than Pappy ..

I'm going back to Rebel Yell or Old Crow.
    I've had 12, 20, and 23 year and I agree. For my taste, Blantons cannot be beat.....

I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to buy a bottle at a reasonable price, but Pappy is a "look at me" thing. If it were as available as Woodford, nobody would give a shit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I've had them all, they taste like bourbon. None of them should bring the prices they do at some stores or the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    At least I will know that I can walk into the likka sto and leave with what I want. No one else wants to drink Old Crow or Rebel Yell around here. I may even upgrade to George Dickel..
    Careful a hipster doesn’t see you. My go to for years was Hamm’s, Old Milwaukee and PBR. Then the hipsters started drinking them “ironically” and ruined it.

They’ve done the same with beards. But I refuse to give mine up.

The hipsters have already ruined Ancient Age.. do you know what it's like explaining to an 80 year old man what's happened to Bourbon?

Theyre starting to infiltrate the carpentry world.....you wants a $500 cutting board made from recycled skate boards or a live edge walnut coffee table with routed bow tie inlays for $2500?

Tprice, that Taylor has gotten rarer at least for me lately, enjoy it. And also to anyone else, I haven't seen Elmer Lee in like a year, quit asking.
    I’ve just bugged you once or twice a year for the last 8ish Years about getting Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter. I don’t expect any BTAC, but I better get that first case of Smoked Porter if it ever makes it to SC.

I've had them all, they taste like bourbon. None of them should bring the prices they do at some stores or the secondary market.

Called support and demand but pretty much agree with you

Funny note, this past summer Wife and I were at BT distillery and did the Hard Hat tour. Tour guide was good guy and said the Marketing Team for Blantons hit a home run with their bottle shape and keep supplies limited He said same as you, he has had every type of bourbon they make at BT and said all pretty much same to him outside of marketing

Seems like before Trump the fad was flavored Crown and IKEA furniture for most hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I’ve just bugged you once or twice a year for the last 8ish Years about getting Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter. I don’t expect any BTAC, but I better get that first case of Smoked Porter if it ever makes it to SC.
    Ha, I remember that I still get asked for it every so often. Funny things that I don't tell anybody, the last beer I ever tasted was a Hopslam. It pisses me off to this day. I wish it was a bud heavy.

Yep, bourbon is nuts. I was on a list for allocated stuff at a store here, but I was #147 and I got nothing. The store gets a pretty good bit of the allocated stuff in November because they supply lots of restaurants and bars around Myrtle. Lots of folks get on the list because when they get it, they sell it at retail prices. I think the 10yr Pappy (Rip) was $69. Most of the folks that buy it are only getting it to sell on the secondary market. The owner and I had a talk about that and I think, next year, I will get something because they know I will drink it.
    What I really want is Eagle Rare 17.
    Last edited by MKW; 12-24-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

that's kinda what I do.. but I have a mental list, no paper. I have a circle of friends then a few solid customers. And that's not bad, the 10 years cost is around fifty still. It wasn't that long ago when I could barely give that stuff away

The "solid customer" is where I fall in with this store. The owner said, "You always ask for the back room stuff, but you always buy something even if we don't have any good stuff." Hopefully next year I'll get something from the big shipment.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.