Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Triplebeard and family had started it...

I will be your first customer. Bring it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Did you put an hatch to access the inside of each pontoon? Drain plugs? Looks great for lake work. He needs to look into a marine contractors license if he is going to try to make money with it- and get KTAC(insured by Kubota) insurance on that Kubota. One of my guys turned one of mine over, off the barge, in saltwater- KTAC paid in full for recovery and replaced the machine and the attachments that went under.
    You can see the hatches I made in the 5th picture.
    No drain plugs or other holes below the water line.
    If it started leaking, prob wouldn’t be a way to get it out of the water before it started sinking.

As far as license, my cousin has a construction business and has been building docks and sea walls the last 20 years. With in the last year, his partner and friend started having troubles and he was the one with the barge he contracted out.
    Insurance was a must....I was with a friend who sunk a kubota skid steer and the company brought a new one out the next day.
    I didn’t realize the attachments where covered as well.
    The auger and the Tamp were 20k
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    You can see the hatches I made in the 5th picture.
    No drain plugs or other holes below the water line.
    If it started leaking, prob wouldn’t be a way to get it out of the water before it started sinking.

As far as license, my cousin has a construction business and has been building docks and sea walls the last 20 years. With in the last year, his partner and friend started having troubles and he was the one with the barge he contracted out.
    Insurance was a must....I was with a friend who sunk a kubota skid steer and the company brought a new one out the next day.
    I didn’t realize the attachments where covered as well.
    The auger and the Tamp were 20k
    Dang- very high on the auger and tamp, my new ones this year were 12k for both including 20' of auger extensions( I have 3 of each).

Damn, at the brushpiles I could load on that thing to sink!
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Damn, at the brushpiles I could load on that thing to sink!
    What I’m talking about!
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    What I’m talking about!
    Can you even imagine??

Im doing it outta my bass boat when needed but damn, I could pile them up on there, tie them all together and once I get where I want just push
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

PT's relatives/friends start my Dock tomorrow.

IMG_20200407_152925978_HDR.jpgIMG_20200407_152925978_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by SwampDecoy; 04-07-2020 at 05:24 PM.

I got some pieces of aluminum getting ready to be welded for that dock too! Glad to see the barge still floating- I’m building a longer one as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    PT's relatives/friends start my Dock tomorrow.

IMG_20200407_152925978_HDR.jpgIMG_20200407_152925978_HDR.jpg
    Where you located? And shootin the steel toward the water- bad boy. Lets get daily pics on the dock build.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Where you located? And shootin the steel toward the water- bad boy. Lets get daily pics on the dock build.
    In Chapin, below Night Harbor. Will post them up as it goes.

Thanks PT for the welding to be.

Not actually shooting Lead at the Water, more like cheap Chinese Steel. That is for the 4yo Granddaughter and her Daisy Red Ryder. She can wear it out. Lead spots are actually from the Pellet Rifle in another location.

I got some pieces of aluminum getting ready to be welded for that dock too! Glad to see the barge still floating- I’m building a longer one as we speak
    We need to teach the Driver how to maneuver it or get a Twin Engine Pontoon for him. He also needs a GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    We need to teach the Driver how to maneuver it or get a Twin Engine Pontoon for him. He also needs a GPS.
    The new barge will have its own power and won’t rely on a push boat. Those boys are some damn good carpenters and will give you the shirts off there backs but they lack in other areas...like directions and dental hygiene ������
    What can I say...They are part of the Jones’s

The new barge will have its own power and won’t rely on a push boat. Those boys are some damn good carpenters and will give you the shirts off there backs but they lack in other areas...like directions and dental hygiene ������
    What can I say...They are part of the Jones’s
    My Wife's Grandfather has the same name, so I understand the Jones's part and it runs all the way through the family.

They are great guys and everything I have seen is impressive. Further, they called BEFORE they could not make it over on Sunday and told me it would be today. And damn, he actually showed up!

See the survey markers. Congrats
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

First post getting set.IMG_20200408_120220121_HDR.jpg

Don't know much about any of this stuff, but it sure does look like y'all are killin' it. Awesome work, bubba.

So how’s this work?how do they set the post? They have an auger for that mini-ex?

Looks like an auger on the barge in a couple of those photos.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?