Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Triplebeard and family had started it...

Default Triplebeard and family had started it...

Thanks for the hook up on the start of the toons.
    Got these big U shaped plates from some good folks and had the opportunity over the last 8 months to turn it into a working barge.
    Got a mobile welder from Steelinducks and used a friends scrap yard & crane to help lay it out as we welded.
    Here’s a few build pics of the progress....

3F122ABF-947B-4E03-B685-6A0F0379B381.jpg98C3B7D8-01C5-4079-AE5D-ED9416825B69.jpgE03E0554-6214-4A8E-88BF-FC9EA6D7A82D.jpgB14B05DA-4BB0-4875-AA65-FFAE04655EB7.jpgCE859706-9783-4859-9D5C-9B5D236DD65B.jpg370DE033-ECC9-470D-8C7B-0B096B8529AF.jpeg0138BA62-4962-475E-86FF-4414F5203B74.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PalmettoTrooper; 12-22-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Not sure how a picture of a Deodora cedar got in there but can’t get it out now....

Damn, that’s a lot of rods to burn. Looks good. And thanks for the tree shot, it is Christmas.

You seriously need to start building floating pit barges for the tamie/ringneck people around Rimini...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You seriously need to start building floating pit barges for the tamie/ringneck people around Rimini...
    “Pit barges” sound classy and expensive....I think you are on to something!

Very cool
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

What you doing with that? Did you build it for yourself or a customer?
    My small rig has the same Kubota and is a 2 piece truckable that bolts together to make a 16x20 platform, allows me to move it all over including putting it in off the bank for working in ponds etc. We have put in 45' pilings with it.
    What were the final dimensions? Looks good and I like the metal grate deck but I foresee many nails, nuts and washers falling through it.

You need somebody to operate that equipment? I might know a guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    What you doing with that? Did you build it for yourself or a customer?
    My small rig has the same Kubota and is a 2 piece truckable that bolts together to make a 16x20 platform, allows me to move it all over including putting it in off the bank for working in ponds etc. We have put in 45' pilings with it.
    What were the final dimensions? Looks good and I like the metal grate deck but I foresee many nails, nuts and washers falling through it.

Built it for myself and my cousin.
    He builds docks but didn’t have a barge he felt was safe enough to put an excavator on. When my wife’s family bought a few lake lots, we were quoted a ton of money for someone to drill and place the Poles for us. On top of the money, it was a 6month wait for someone to show up.
    My cousin has a 12x20 floating dock made with dock floats he already has. I kept the dimensions the same as that and with a Wide load permit, I’m sure it can towed around but I foresee it living it’s life in Lake Murray.

The grate was left over from another project so it saved me around 3k In material cost not having to buy plate.
    I assume there will be many nuts and bolts lost but hopefully this rig will be just for drilling and setting post and he can use his other barge for decking and supplies.

393A9C56-3B3E-41D4-A22C-729D43A66F59.jpg
    Last edited by PalmettoTrooper; 12-22-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Need a Dock built now on Lake Murray. PM me if it's something he's interested in to help pay for that rig!

That barge and excavator rig would get some workout here on my lake in Florence if it’s dance card ever gets cleared up. Personally I need a few posts sunk but there are many that need dredging and bank work. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Marine construction has always been interesting to me.

Yea, I need a seawall and a dock built. Can't get nobody to even give me a date so pm me if he is interested. Never heard back from your Dad Triplebeard
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I have one friend who sold his Badge (Mainespeak) in Bar Harbor and another who is still going strong from Harkers.

Great business...

I have an even better idea.......

I hope it involves lengthy detention for them, but I will hear it..

Text(s) sent.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    Built it for myself and my cousin.
    He builds docks but didn’t have a barge he felt was safe enough to put an excavator on. When my wife’s family bought a few lake lots, we were quoted a ton of money for someone to drill and place the Poles for us. On top of the money, it was a 6month wait for someone to show up.
    My cousin has a 12x20 floating dock made with dock floats he already has. I kept the dimensions the same as that and with a Wide load permit, I’m sure it can towed around but I foresee it living it’s life in Lake Murray.

The grate was left over from another project so it saved me around 3k In material cost not having to buy plate.
    I assume there will be many nuts and bolts lost but hopefully this rig will be just for drilling and setting post and he can use his other barge for decking and supplies.

393A9C56-3B3E-41D4-A22C-729D43A66F59.jpg
    Did you put an hatch to access the inside of each pontoon? Drain plugs? Looks great for lake work. He needs to look into a marine contractors license if he is going to try to make money with it- and get KTAC(insured by Kubota) insurance on that Kubota. One of my guys turned one of mine over, off the barge, in saltwater- KTAC paid in full for recovery and replaced the machine and the attachments that went under.

I tow 12' wide all the time- that's my limit and I am picky about routes and timing- also use a chase truck. We shop build many of our floating docks and trailer them to the nearest landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Marine construction has always been interesting to me.
    I am bored, let's do it.
    I know a guy with a barge