Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wma regs

Default wma regs

" 2.16 – Still hunting for hogs is permitted on WMAs during any open season for game during daylight hours with only the weapons allowed during the hunting season in progress unless otherwise prohibited. No hog may be transported alive from a WMA. Hogs may not be hunted at night. There is no bag limit on hogs. Hunters must wear a hat, coat, or vest of solid international orange while hog hunting. Buckshot is prohibited. During hog hunts with dogs, no still or stalk hunting is allowed and only handguns are permitted. No hog hunting with dogs is allowed except during special designated seasons. "

There is nothing in season January / February, so that means no gun or bow on wma land for hogs? I saw the one week gun season, in the spring, but I thought you could archery all other times.

Rim fire season.

.17 in the ear hole is a hog nightmare!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

There are many thousands of acres of wma land you can boat to and whack hogs on whenever you want without worrying about idiotic state laws...

Two hog trained Jack Russells and a 22 rifle is a wma hunters dream. I know someone that kills 3-5 Everytime he goes. Has the whole place to himself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Be careful on the archery small game because you have to use blunt tip or judo type heads. I'm not going to try a hog with that!

So to be clear, no hog hunting in Jan/feb with hunting broadhead?

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    So to be clear, no hog hunting in Jan/feb with hunting broadhead?
    Lol...

Short version on WMA-
    As long as there is an open season(small game) and you use a permissible weapon (rimfire) you can shoot hogs with the permissible weapon. ( no centerfire weapons)

Boo

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    There are many thousands of acres of wma land you can boat to and whack hogs on whenever you want without worrying about idiotic state laws...
    If it’s wma you have to follow wma rules. You must be talking about sparkleberry swamp?

Even though I would also rather shoot them with my bow, stalking them in river woods with a .22mag is fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Even though I would also rather shoot them with my bow, stalking them in river woods with a .22mag is fun too.
    good point, it would be nice to at least get out in the woods for a few hours here and there. maybe I could convince the wife that I am "exercising" !
    Last edited by duckz; 12-22-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Just tell her you're going hunting, to get over it, and to have the house cleaned and supper ready when you get home
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I see you started your training early too. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just my computer or can someone else try to get onto the fws.gov site ? I was going to try to do my research before asking, but can since it just comes up "can't reach this page" , are you allowed to hog hunt in the Waccamaw federal land ?
    Last edited by duckz; 12-22-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Allowed. Lulz...

The website appears to be down today but yes there is a specific hog season and they can be hunted when the refuge is open for it's specific deer seasons. Dates vary from year to year just like the other refuges.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    The website appears to be down today but yes there is a specific hog season and they can be hunted when the refuge is open for it's specific deer seasons. Dates vary from year to year just like the other refuges.
    thanks for checking, I tried on my computer and phone so i'm glad its not just me. I'll check it out later on then.

40 grain jacketed hollow point .22 mag through the heart / lung will crush them. Killed 6.

We did a little cast and blast out of state a couple weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill