Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Flounder study....

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Yes but that is also why the conclusions of scientific studies are theories not law. After time many theories are proven wrong. Bias is still prevalent in science and facts.
    Last edited by 12341234; 01-10-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

20+ years ago out of the Ferry Landing Georgetown, guy smoked a pipe, green HT, wasn't Stewart Ballard. I was being checked by green jeans after a night out giggin, guy rolls up and GW says now he has em. I asked how ya know, he said cause he's had a limit every night this week. Sure enough he did, I saw him a creek over all night, we might have got 3, he had limit which I think was 20.

Seen some divers come in one evening in MI, had one of those 120 qt cooolers so full of flounder that they were spilling out.

There were alot more active shrimp boats back then, liberal limits. Maybe the flounder and duck decline has some of the same issues.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I'm not sure of the main reason, but I'd agree with mudflat that the older generation definitely has something to do with it. Back when there was more liberal limits and little oversight, most took out way more game than we do now. I see people bashing the newbies about wanting to post pictures with lots of dead ducks/fish, but the older folks were just as bad and they loaded up the boat/truck way more often.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    Yes but that is also why the conclusions of scientific studies are theories not law. After time many theories are proven wrong. Bias is still prevalent in science and facts.
    Not talking about scientific theory or law. NOT the same thing. Pick another post to try and make a stupid argument.