Thread: Nebraska Farm Bureau voted 176-1 to back Right to Repair

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Nebraska Farm Bureau voted 176-1 to back Right to Repair

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

As it should be

If the manufacturers want to maintain control- they should have to maintain and repair at no charge

I agree and disagree with it.

The farmers should be able to fix their equipment but when it comes to warranty or software issues, it should be handled by a dealership or factory technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    If the manufacturers want to maintain control- they should have to maintain and repair at no charge
    Bingo, and with the quickness. A freakin computer glitch shutting down an entire operation is unacceptable. Especially when a large portion of the software is unnecessary to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Bingo, and with the quickness. A freakin computer glitch shutting down an entire operation is unacceptable. Especially when a large portion of the software is unnecessary to begin with.
    While it may be unacceptable it happens. It is a computer. Computer glitches shut down plants every single day and I can promise you most of them lose more money an hr than farmers would lose in a year. I agree they should be able to fix their machines unless they are under warranty or it is a software issue that isn’t able to be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    While it may be unacceptable it happens. It is a computer. Computer glitches shut down plants every single day and I can promise you most of them lose more money an hr than farmers would lose in a year. I agree they should be able to fix their machines unless they are under warranty or it is a software issue that isn’t able to be reset.
    My point is, if you don’t want me to fix your stuff when it breaks, then you better make sure it doesn’t break. I’m not going to sit there with my thumb up my butt while I wait a day on your tech to get out there to fix it. That’s a great way to get me to sell your machine and go with a new color. Having to wait a couple days on a repair can ruin a weather dependent harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    My point is, if you don’t want me to fix your stuff when it breaks, then you better make sure it doesn’t break. I’m not going to sit there with my thumb up my butt while I wait a day on your tech to get out there to fix it. That’s a great way to get me to sell your machine and go with a new color. Having to wait a couple days on a repair can ruin a weather dependent harvest.
    I suggest buying a new machine and get back to me when that machine has a computer glitch.

In my line of work, if you have an IR machine that goes down, you may get lucky and get us there in a day or two. If you have an Atlas Copco go down, someone will be there that day. Why? Amount of machines in service. It’s the same with any other type of equipment. If John Deere has 20000 machines in service and case has 10000 machines in service, Case will probably be easier to get fixed that day until Case has 20000 machines in service. When it comes to warranty or software, the customer should not touch it regardless of what is going on.

Hell with these new machines most of the time the tech has as much of a clue as to what’s wrong as you do, at least until his computer tells him what to do
    cut\'em

As a company owner, why would I give you a copy of my software to fix your machine? What says you aren’t going to distribute that software to a competitor? You are hiring hackers to get by my lock outs. Why wouldn’t you hire a hacker to by pass a one time use program?