Thread: Vet near sumter

Default Vet near sumter

What vet is everyone using in the sumter area?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Lester Bell

If you don't mind driving a little there is a new vet in Summerton. Lake Marion Animal clinic. Younger guy and surprisingly reasonable prices. I've been using him since we got a puppy 5 months ago.

Wateree Animal in Camden/Lugoff

Have had my pups on emergency basis there and they are fantastic.

Was my wife's father's practice before he passed away.

It's not terribly far but know having a vet close is a priority.
    Last edited by scdiver; 12-16-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Ken Currie - Bishopville Animal Clinic

No BS. Does all of our large animal work too.

Quote Originally Posted by PINEWOOD DUCK View Post
    Lester Bell
    This is who I used when we were there. There are several vets on staff now. I was pleased with all of them.

Awesome thanks guys. I'll look into them all!

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Mobetters wife in kingstree.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Dr Shaw used to be the man.

Chris Gerard at Advance Animal Hospital is where I take my animals. Dr. Hudson is good too. Dr. Lester Bell. He's great with animals but is not Mr. Personality by any means.

What you doing in Sumter?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Chris Gerard at Advance Animal Hospital is where I take my animals. Dr. Hudson is good too. Dr. Lester Bell. He's great with animals but is not Mr. Personality by any means.

Think he posted on here the other day that he'd be at Shaw. I might be mistaken though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Think he posted on here the other day that he'd be at Shaw. I might be mistaken though.
    Correct got humanitarian orders to Shaw. Will be there next monday

I'll be back from a TDY Wednesday and come to the testing center on Shaw Thursday to take test 2 of the SNCO Academy. Let's grab lunch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I'll be back from a TDY Wednesday and come to the testing center on Shaw Thursday to take test 2 of the SNCO Academy. Let's grab lunch.

I wont be there until next week. Then 10 days of house hunting. So jan 3rd. Move into base housing on Jan 8th

Ah, gotcha. I didn't see the "next"...

We'll figure it out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ah, gotcha. I didn't see the "next"...

We'll figure it out.

For sure

Seriously checknout kingstree vet. Dr Buckner. Im in sumter if i can help with anything shoot me a pm
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Always used Dr. Bell growing up. He always did us right. He is a good doctor and person.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

There's a few good guys up here like scdiver said up here.. You've got Wateree, Hamilton at Mill Village, and Camden Vet - Ronnie, and Matt is a great guy. A story you might appreciate, Matt will come down to our place every so often. We shot ducks one morning several years back and headed to the cleaning spot.. I'm getting everything broken down and someone asks for a knife, he pulls out a yellow handled case. At the time he was newer to town, I didn't really know him. So I look up as I'm cleaning and ask him if he's from Horry County, he was like "yep, how did you know".