Thread: Pond plant ID

Default Pond plant ID

Anybody know what this is? It's growing all around the edge of our pond. The pictures are a little grainy after uploading them but are clear on my phone. Is it duck food?

Not sure the name but it must be in the same family as tobacco and tomatoes. Green horn worms love it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Looks like a Rape seed of sorts to me.
    Genesis 9;2

Is the seed inside the pods black?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Yes they're black, and growing mostly along the shoreline. It hangs over the water where any waterfowl could reach it if they were interested. We're holding a good bit of ringnecks this year, and I'm wondering if this is what they're after.
    Last edited by socoz71; 12-16-2019 at 09:12 PM.

BOG should know.

We smoked the Black Bellied Whistlers with their craw full of those black seeds last year when we were in S. La. I'm sure ducks will hammer it. Probably how it got transplanted to your place.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill