Thread: Best Headlamp

Default Best Headlamp

Looking for a good, quality, durable headlamp for a gift. I want something bright and rechargeable preferably.

I recently got an Olight H2R. I like it so far. I got it after using one my buddy has along with another light from them and both were very impressive. The H2R is a right angle light and comes with a headstrap and a clip. Plus the bottom is magnetic so you can stick it to metal if you want. Rechargeable. Up to 2300 lumens on turbo mode but it doesn't stay on that mode for very long. But the other settings for extended use are plenty bright too.
    Last edited by fowlshot; 12-14-2019 at 05:59 PM.

I use a non rechargeable streamlight. Little less than $40 and has never let me down

Coast
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have one of the new browning rechargable headlights and it’s impressive, also has green light as well.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 12-14-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

PETZL - ACTIK CORE Headlamp, 450 Lumens, Rechargeable, with CORE Battery. I bought it about 5 years ago for an Alaskan hunt and love it. I charge it just like a phone and it is bright.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Thrunite TH10v2.

Buddy of mine has a Black Diamond and it's like nothing else I've seen. Bright as a Q Beam and a little bigger than a matchbox. Unreal. Academy carries them. Highest lumen model is around $50. Not sure which one he has.

I use a browning rechargeable headlamp for duck hunting. It’s bright enough that I use it as my spot light on the boat.

For big game hunting, I use a black diamond. Bright enough to light the way or anything I need to see, but lighter in weight.

I have a Black Diamond but I'm not in love with it. Super bright and small but the magic switch is a pain in the ass if your hands are moist or dirty.

This is not what you are looking for but I was searching for cheap 18650 batteries and ran across this deal. It was one of the best deals on batteries and the headlamp and charger was just thrown in the deal. It turned out to be a pretty nice headlamp that I've been using for blood tracking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a couple black diamond iota's that I've been very pleased with. Small, bright enough, rechargable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've been using Foxelli for the past several years. When it dies, I'm buying another one.