Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone SE Replacement Battery

Default iPhone SE Replacement Battery

It's time to put a new battery in the iPhone SE. The phone is still in great shape so I see no reason to replace it since it's less than 2 years old.

Anyway, are the various battery kits on Amazon new batteries, or do they tend to be 'old' batteries that were originally made to fit this model phone? Any way to tell?

Is there a specific brand that's known to be better quality than others?

Here's the list I'm looking at, and am interested in the largest capacity battery available, unless they tend to be lower quality (if anyone knows).

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=iphone+se...b_sb_ss_i_2_25

This is the one I picked out thus far due to the larger capacity and the higher review rating, fwiw...

https://www.amazon.com/Capacity-Repl...e%2C196&sr=8-3

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I don't know, but I will be watching this for answers. I also have the iPhone SE.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I'd be Leary of the Amazon batteries. My wireless bugle amplifier (Rexcraft) went dead and the new one I got off Amazon was dented when I got it

Backup to the cloud. Wipe and take you repair store and get a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

I second that except for the cloud, backup to iTunes. I don’t trust the cloud.

I already back up to the cloud/ITunes, but why would I want to pay $100+ for Apple to do what I can do for $25 or less?
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-13-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    ~ George Washington

You ask for advice constantly about the the dumbest most mundane shit then argue with people that give you advice.

Why would anyone even wanna answer you?

Best Buy will replace it too for about $40

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    You ask for advice constantly about the the dumbest most mundane shit then argue with people that give you advice.

Why would anyone even wanna answer you?
    Well, golly gee, coming from you I’ll have to take that under advisement, but first you’ll need to tell me why you stalk my posts and act like an asinine lil’ punk all the time. Short of that, GFY.

Thanks for that info, led0321.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I already back up to the cloud/ITunes, but why would I want to pay $100+ for Apple to do what I can do for $25 or less?
    Strip mall repair shop $50 bucks 1 year warranty. They buy batteries in bulk.

I will put brakes on my own vehicles or fix a washer or dryer to save some money.

Now way would I take the time to change a phone battery.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    Before replacing battery, I would at least check with your service provider and see what kind of deals you can get right now. I think some are offering free upgrades to the iPhone 8 and really cheap upgrades to the iPhone XR’s. Will probably cause you to lock into another contract, but if you plan on keeping same company anyway, you have lost nothing.
    I'll check, but not really interested on a larger phone. Will see what they've got going on. Thanks.

MKW, take note that, according to the lil' boy above, you are also guilty of wanting to know about "the dumbest most mundane shit", so be cautious about the company you keep.
    ~ George Washington

LOL. Some parts of life are just mundane shit. And what I like about the SE is the size. I don't have any use for a giant phone, so I'd like to keep this one going as long as possible.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

If it's anything like the iPhone 4 battery I changed, be prepared to be very frustrated. It's pretty amazing to me that they can even make screws that small.

Damn a contract. Buy you a phone and call Consumer Cellular. Best customer service and based in the USA. Thank me later
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I'll check, but not really interested on a larger phone. Will see what they've got going on. Thanks.

MKW, take note that, according to the lil' boy above, you are also guilty of wanting to know about "the dumbest most mundane shit", so be cautious about the company you keep.
    Dude, Sportin’ is an equally opportunity insulter he jabs most everyone here from time to time. Always, funny. Chill out or remind him Little E real father is Bill Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Damn a contract. Buy you a phone and call Consumer Cellular. Best customer service and based in the USA. Thank me later
    DRDUCK, I bought both my wife and I some new SE's in mid-2018 and changed to Consumer Cellular at that point. Their service has been excellent and I'm paying less for unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of data (that I never use all of) for less than my old talk and text contract with Verizon.

MKW, likewise here. I like this phone size and don't care to carry anything larger around. It's still functioning fine, other than the battery losing capacity, so I'll either change the battery myself or let BB do it.

Dude, Sportin’ is an equally opportunity insulter he jabs most everyone here from time to time. Always, funny. Chill out or remind him Little E real father is Bill Elliot.

Beats me how anyone finds that lil' child funny, although I will admit I recall finding one post a bit funny over the past several years. Other than that he never offers anything of any value to this forum on any topic that I ever see.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-14-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    ~ George Washington

I made an appointment with the Apple store this past Thursday to replace the battery on my SE. Web says it’s $49 + tax. There was a list of repair authorized locations when I was making the appointment. You should be able to find one close to you.
    Last edited by gooseaholic; 12-16-2019 at 07:08 AM.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I have opened an iPhone one time to repair a screen and I can tell you right now I will never do it again.

I have replaced the battery in my IPHONE 6s twice. Both of the batteries came off Amazon and I did them myself. The first one worked fine for about two years. The second one works fine and lasts all day (it's an extended life), however it will not accurately calibrate.

goose and wbrown, yes, Best Buy will change the battery for $49 + tax(?) and gives a 1 year warranty.

JOHNSON, good to see you around. Based on the couple of videos I watched last night, changing the screen is tougher job for some reason than changing the batteries. The battery change looks like it could be frustrating if one isn't good with small objects and subtle moves with tiny tools. I have no doubt I could do it within the "40-60 minutes" or less time they say it takes, but need to think about the frustration factor since I've got plenty of other projects nagging me.... along with finding some new clients!

StrutnBPS, I think I screwed up the calibration on my current battery, although I've gotten plenty of usage out of it over the past 18 months, so I'm not sure what more I could expect from it. I'll flip a coin about buying my own battery after I look at my eyeglass frames tonight. I bent them up hitting them under the sink while checking out a new water leak last night. We'll see how well I'm doing with small, delicate tools and go from there.

Thanks for everyone's input... well, almost everyone.
    ~ George Washington