Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone SE Replacement Battery

The Apple store ran some diagnostic on my phone and said my battery was running at 89% efficiency. I find that hard to believe because the phone is old. The did not perform the battery replacement because they said it would not make a difference. The issue is the new iOS and the phone not being able to utilize it. Not sure I buy the answer. I am on the fence to take it to Best Buy and see what they say about the battery.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post
    The Apple store ran some diagnostic on my phone and said my battery was running at 89% efficiency. I find that hard to believe because the phone is old. The did not perform the battery replacement because they said it would not make a difference. The issue is the new iOS and the phone not being able to utilize it. Not sure I buy the answer. I am on the fence to take it to Best Buy and see what they say about the battery.
    goose, I sent you a PM.

Apple apparently won't recommend a battery change, even out of warranty, until your battery 'health' gets down to 85-86% (or lower?). And, yes, my research indicates that the newest IOS version does create more battery drain on the older phones.

I'd like to find a way to uninstall the newest IOS version as it's got functionality that I don't like (such as not being able to directly save pictures from emails, etc, vs saving them to a cloud account.

Don't bother taking it to BB as they told me the same thing about the battery health and that it wouldn't be worth spending the $49+ until your battery health indicator (you've got one in the Settings section of your phone) gets below 85%.

The guy I talked to couldn't confirm that I might be able to re-calibrate my battery by fully discharging it, then fully recharging it, and then doing both again, but maybe I'll try it just to see what happens.

I'm just hoping there's a way to go back to an older version of IOS, but I'll have to see what I've got saved on my laptop as a backup.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Default iPhone SE Replacement Battery

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post
    You can look at your battery diagnostic yourself in like 5 seconds...

Settings->Battery->Battery Health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 12-18-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Batteries plus did mine and did a great job about $60
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.