Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss

Default Discuss

Trump regularly downplays or denies the effects of climate change despite an undeniable scientific consensus that it is real and caused by human activity.
    Discuss
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Look up George Carlin’s bit on climate change. The climate is in constant change, it’s called weather. The height of arrogance is thinking we can undo what God created. It’s all just a power play by globalists. Just like government providing healthcare.

The climate does change...all the time, but it's not due to human activity. We're heading back towards an ice age

I will be lamenting all this global warming tonight when this ice storm hits...

The climate has been changing since the beginning of time. Today was different from yesterday. Tomorrow will be different from today. On average it has been changing. To think that it will always remain the same is complete nonsense. Humans don't control the global thermostat.

On the other hand, pollution is a real problem in some parts of the world. They need to clean their shit up.

When electric vehicles reach a point where they can drive across country on a single charge, come talk to me. Let free market and innovation lead this.

We don't need government telling us how to live.

Do any of y'all investigate your claims or just continue to spout the scducks rhetoric?

I am asking for myself....because I think it is important.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

my consensus is this: we just don’t know enough to justify crippling our nations economy with outlandish regulations. I know for a fact that reported emissions in almost every case are inflated beyond actual emissions. Sometimes this is due to archaic permit requirements to count a certain way or the use of outdated emission factors that don’t reflect current operations at facilities. Almost every air model reflects worst case, not actual case. I will say this, SO2 emissions in SC have drastically decreased in the last few years and one of the few pollutants to increase Particular Matter hasn’t been caused by industry, but vehicles driven by the public. I say let it ride just the way it is and to tell hell with paper straws

Hell, the ocean used to be way inland aloooooooooooong time ago. Now that's global warming
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Do any of y'all investigate your claims or just continue to spout the scducks rhetoric?

Nobody [on scducks] is going to jump up and say they wholeheartedly believe in human-accelerated climate change because that is not the agenda of the Republican party. Anybody that does so, will immediately be shouted down and labeled a Greta Thunberg supporter. Its really a a shame too, because there are plenty of smart enough folks on here that could do the research if they really wanted to, but just blindly play follow the leader. That is really one of the few short comings of our 2 party political system, but I digress....
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Humans have accelerated global warming and impacted climates across the globe.

Also, I am a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

Why yes. Genesis tells you about all you need to know. It was global cooling , ice age fear back on the late 70’s and early 80’s. The alarmists have said the planet would be uninhabitable in 15-20 years since the 60’s. When the cooling doesn’t fit, they move the goal post. It was global warming for a while, that didn’t work, so now it’s climate change. It has become the God of a certain portion of the population. Since they don’t believe in the real God it seems they must put man in that position.
    The global power brokers eat it up. Useful idiots. Sure there are things we could all do better, but that’s not the point.
    You could array all of the great minds of climate change together, give them a gazillion dollars and tell them to apply their knowledge to making the earth warmer or cooler and they wouldn’t know where to start.
    Oh, I’m not a Republican.

I've listened to scientists from both sides of the debate. The only thing I know with certainty is there is not a consensus among them. However, my tiny bit of intellect steers me towards the opinion that human activity is not the culprit. Hard to deny the temperature of the planet has been ever changing.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Humans have accelerated global warming and impacted climates across the globe.
    Ok. I'm sure we've had some impact. But to what degree? Is it all on us, or is some of it due to shifting of the poles, or solar flare activity, or ...?
    Last edited by wob; 12-12-2019 at 02:58 PM.

My problem is that we can’t admit that we don’t actually know. that’s why I don’t believe we enact more laws to prevent an outcome that we aren’t sure of.

Call me when China and India are giving up fossil fuel.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Climate change is a thing. The cause and effect are another matter. It's pretty clear that there have been big swings in the Earth's temperature and climate. Glacial valleys and inland fossils can attest to that.

The sharp increase in average global temperature over the last 150 years is a little alarming. It seems to coincide with the industrial revolution. Correlation is not causation, though. I think it's possible that
    the exponential population growth and associated consumerism involved with that growth could contribute to CO2 emissions and climate change. I also think it's possible that volcanic activity could contribute to the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere.

Unfortunately, we have the Greta Thunbergs, who aren't experienced, educated or aged enough to take seriously and they wind up in the same category as a 12 year old street preacher spewing fire and brimstone against sin that he has no concept of.

So... Fence Rida, I guess?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

The same people that tell us the earth is millions of years old are the ones predicating their THEORY on basically a 200 year sample. Think about that.

The guy who hates Trump running for President says he can stop climate change, to bad his commercial has clips from the last major hurricanes. Ain’t nobody going to stop Mother Nature

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Changing the term from "Global warming" to climate change may be the most genius marketing strategy in the history of the world. Follow the money and the agenda. tells you all you need to know.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston