Thread: Boat and outboard motor property tax

Default Boat and outboard motor property tax

I understand there is some changes in the way this is billed now but little confused

Got my new tax notice on my boat but this year is says Boat & Motor property tax

Up until this I have always got 1 on boat and 1 on outboard motor

did SC change this to where you are not paying 2 different tax notices

Boat taxes are county regulated not state. The change the state made is you will now pay the $10 registration every year on your tax notice instead of $30 every 3 years? Call your county about if you should be getting one or two bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I understand there is some changes in the way this is billed now but little confused

Got my new tax notice on my boat but this year is says Boat & Motor property tax

Up until this I have always got 1 on boat and 1 on outboard motor

did SC change this to where you are not paying 2 different tax notices
    If you are in Sumter you probably got double taxed on your motor.

In alot of instances they send one notice for boat and motor and a separate notice just on the motor.

This is common with package boats in Darlington and Sumter. The new procedure may be an effort to correct their practice.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-12-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Boat taxes are county regulated not state. The change the state made is you will now pay the $10 registration every year on your tax notice instead of $30 every 3 years? Call your county about if you should be getting one or two bills.
    Yea always got taxed on boat and on motor Maybe other notice will come today

I see 2 different items on the one bill, one is the boat which is 99 and it has something else 2006 (which is year of my motor )
    Last edited by tprice; 12-12-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Once again Richland County has sent me a tax bill of over $300 on my jon which is not even suppose to be on the tax rolls anymore. The info they get is from DNR as I am told and something is wrong coming out of there.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Once again Richland County has sent me a tax bill of over $300 on my jon which is not even suppose to be on the tax rolls anymore. The info they get is from DNR as I am told and something is wrong coming out of there.
    Expecting Richland County to do ANYTHING the right way will lead you to a world of disappointment.

I have this issue in Sumter where that are taxing me on an assessed value that is way more than the boat is actually worth. They said I couldn't simply print off a NADA sheet anymore, but instead had to get a boat dealer to provide me with a written quote with a real market value and bring it in, then they'd evaluate and likely lower it this lowering the taxes due.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-12-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft