Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: school me on these gadgets please

Default school me on these gadgets please

nest
    echo
    alexa

them things....

I dont do technology. I dont want to be able to see from my doorbell. I just want something in the kitchen to play music. MAYBE it has a screen where I can google a recipe? Said screen could show pictures of the kids like a digital picture frame type thingie? really just a speaker. I dont have to be able to talk to it but I think they all are like that now.

Help.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just get a Bluetooth speaker, one of them Pill things. Then get a real picture of your kids.

Buy a Bose radio and bluetooth your phone to it. Your phone should have the google machine on it.

You're welcomed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Don't buy any of those creepy things. I like to know some of my friends are like me.

Cookbook and a cassette deck with fm radio.

Nest is a wifi linked smart thermostat for your house. Its awesome. My electric bill has been cut in half from programming it. Allows you to adjust with your phone and teach it patterns. Goes in to ECO mode when you are away and turns on as you approach your house. If you have alexa, you can holler ALEXA TURN THE HEAT UP!

Alexa is the Amazon version of siri. It works off an Echo. Get one of the Echo speakers and link it to your spotify or music app ( amazon music). Then Holler! Alexa, play Taylor Swift !

You need to have an amazon prime account. It works good for playing music or asking basic news questions. But, I'm pretty sure its spying on us.

I love gadgets. I built my first computer, an Elf II that was programmed in Hexidecimal, in 1979 and had my first pocket computer in 1984...

There's no way I would allow any of those devices into my house. Like someone said, get a bluetooth speaker and play music from your iphone. (You can use it and some downloaded predictor calls to call in coyotes in the off season)...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

My wife and I have had many heated discussions about the stupid thing we have. I think its creepy as hell but she loves it. It just might come up broken soon.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Don't buy any of those creepy things. I like to know some of my friends are like me.
    This. Don't buy it.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

They are a cyber security risk, but then what isnt anymore. Just know that going in

To this day, my golf cart easy listening style..

20191211_083539.jpg

You already have that. It’s called a smart phone and an IPad. If you have a smart Tv you can run pics you select on a loop on your tv from your iPad. Those other things listen to you no shit pulling words from conversations to drive ad algorithms to you. Get Spotify and a portable speaker or install home sound system with Bluetooth speakers. That is ALL you need. Spotify is an app with a small monthly fee but will allow you to download any and every song you want to your phone. Ow you have music everywhere even if on the boat and spotty or no cell service or WiFi.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

NICK SIGHTING!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Just get a Bluetooth speaker, one of them Pill things. Then get a real picture of your kids.
    I thought 2th didn’t take pictures of his kids?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Duck tape music. Who knew.

that's a good album hs
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

We have two Echo dots. One in the bedroom and one in the kitchen. The one in the kitchen is mainly used for music while cooking/entertaining. The one in the bedroom is mainly used for a sleep sound machine and weather forecast in the morning while getting dressed. Personally I don't really care if that thing is listening to me bang my wife in the bedroom. I conduct all my tin foil hat meeting in a sound proof room in my bunker that is swept for bugs constantly and no electronics are let inside. This is how I circumvent those evil little spying devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    To this day, my golf cart easy listening style..

20191211_083539.jpg
    If you want to know what time it is, just look up Cindy's.....

Uncle.

It listens to you all the time and records it. It then sends that info to the government. I know there are a hundred gadgets that track us but I think paying $300 to put CIA listening devices in every room in my home is waving the white flag. That said, I don’t judge those who use them. Like HS said, it is just creepy.

Get a bluetooth speaker instead. Alexa doesn’t know how to cook. And having her google a recipe for you isn’t worth the trade-off in principles.

we have alexa. besides spying on us. it plays music and i can check in on kids and they can actually call us from it. great for little ones. instant access to info, weather, etc. you can tell it your grocery list too as you think of things. it will make you a better duck caller, bow hunter, and crappy fisherman as well
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston