Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedar Island

Hide a dildo in your buddies blind bag and tell the warden he has too many shells. The reaction from both will be priceless.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

take a walking stick. its soft and mushy. don't call. these ducks want to be there and aren't pressured. use motion in lieu of numbers. duck string and and 6 or 8 decoys. you don't need to take boat cover. shove it in the grass and break a few off and cover it. hunker down in thick spot next to open pot hole. be still and wait.

eta: this was the cape last year but same general area and idea. and the boats are very unstable and useless
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drwilly; 12-10-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

We usually take 1-2 doz.. and 1 jerk rig...box of shells and whistle and stools and guns that's it...paddle over the perimeter ditch in the states coffin boat...work towards the middle and open water...look for feathers on the water as you go... observe where the first few ducks go...and get there ..doesn't matter if you flush em...throw dekes and hide...shoot your 6 each..pass on the teal wait for good shots on good ducks. Last year our buddies fancy watch tracked him at 5.5miles walked thru that crap...but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Hide a dildo in your buddies blind bag and tell the warden he has too many shells. The reaction from both will be priceless.
    Damn it that’s funny
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I was at MI several years back and there were two lines getting checked. I was in Trad’s line so I walked over to the other line. When I got to the dude he asked me why I switched.....”That guy over there checked me last time and he spent an inordinate amount of time in my groin area and it made me uncomfortable”

He started laughing and Trad looked up, saw who it was and told the guy “cuff him and toss him in a truck, I’ll deal with him later”

“I told you he had a thing for me.....”

Never hunted there but last year at bear island there were balls of fire ants all over floating on the water and on the grass stalks. Only noticed after the sun got up good and had been bitten by a few and started looking around. It was a miracle we didn’t walk into a million of them in the dark.

So, maybe something to keep in mind for there. Maybe others can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    take a walking stick. its soft and mushy. don't call. these ducks want to be there and aren't pressured. use motion in lieu of numbers. duck string and and 6 or 8 decoys. you don't need to take boat cover. shove it in the grass and break a few off and cover it. hunker down in thick spot next to open pot hole. be still and wait.

eta: this was the cape last year but same general area and idea. and the boats are very unstable and useless
    Very nice morning right there.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The guy that drops you off will tell you the best place to sit. They put their heart into watching the ducks and knowing where they are. They won't lead you wrong.

^sometimes
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Better?

Well, you guys summed it up perfectly. We shot teal early and waited for other ducks that never showed up. All in all, it was a fun hunt, but it is certainly strenuous. I have no idea what else was killed, we were the last group picked up in the mud boat, and rode in with two other guys in the ferry. They had a teal, two gadwall and a random mallard. Everyone else was gone by the time we got back.