Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas/ Year End Bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    The last 10 or so years I've been in a position where I would receive a bonus if I met certain goals. The hourly guys that worked for me weren't eligible for a bonus, so they got nothing. The first year I hit my goals I kept half the bonus and split the rest with the fellas and I've done it ever since. I also buy everyone a decent, non-bullshit present out of my own pocket. I've given Carhartt coats, Leathermans, Streamlights, Worksharps, those Scandinavian knives and I just bought 10 Craftsman mechanic sets for this year. I have very, very low turnover in the locations I manage and I feel like a big reason is how I treat my guys.
    You sir get it!

I am not in a management type of position, but one of the greatest things I have learned from my boss is, if you hire the right people and take care of them, make them feel a part of the success of the company, recognize them (both financially and in other ways) for their hard work and they will remain loyal and the company will be successful. A lot of people think that for some reason being a leader means you are above criticism and you are solely responsible for your own success when the majority of the time, that couldn't be further from the truth. Jocko has some great podcasts on what true leadership looks like.

Sounds like some of y'all are doing it right and I'm sure it shows in the success of your companies/businesses.
    Last edited by dubs; 12-10-2019 at 05:31 PM.
    Formerly DM88

Attaboys don’t buy groceries. Mobetter knows what’s up.

If I earned it working for a multi billion dollar company and the hire ups are getting more in a bonus than I’ll make in ten years than you Damn right I want one! I don’t care what anybody thinks of me for saying that either.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    how else am i supposed to buy an in-ground pool?
    eggzactly

If people expect it or feel entitled to it then it's really not a bonus. What does a bonus average anyway? I'll gladly accept anything they give me but I'd take an extra 1% raise over what most are going to give you in a bonus anywayl

what does the average person consider a good bonus?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Default Christmas/ Year End Bonus?

I got between $1700 and $2000 twice a year and that was 14 years ago. My base salary at that time was $36K.

Had it been performance based my 2 bonuses would have been more than my salary and we can’t be having that
    Last edited by Tater; 12-10-2019 at 06:30 PM.

When I worked for someone, I always received a Christmas bonus that I remember. May have missed one or two.

Since I have been the boss, I have always paid them.....and tried to be pretty generous. Up to a month of salary.

For me, it's about the season and a way to celebrate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Being in my business and the type of people I deal with I feel like I am giving bonuses out every day. I take all of my guys and office people and some of my favorite vendors, all my family and some of my friends to a local family owned restaurant here in town. Usually ends up being 40 people or so but it's a good time.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    eggzactly
    There is a difference between bonuses and Christmas bonuses.
    I worked for David Oreck for many years as his business development manager and then running the Independent dealer and Franchise channels.
    One year Mr. Oreck walked around and handed a new Rolex out to every employee at Christmas.....that's a Christmas bonus.
    I also had targets to hit where I could earn up to equal my base pay. paid at the end of Q2 and Q4. That's a performance based incentive.
    I like both and like working for people that appreciate and reward dedication, commitment and results.

I also worked for a large Fortune 200 corporation that was printing money during the .com boom and they were handing us Acct Executives quarterly bonuses
    in the $15k to $40k range. They are not around any longer.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-10-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Good read. Very interesting to see different perspectives on this subject.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Note: everyone likes getting an envelope, I don't think it is what is inside the envelope as much as the thought
    and message the envelope symbolizes. I have had a $100 bill bonus mean as much to me from a struggling employer I loved
    than a $5000 bonus from a faceless piece of shit corporation that could care less about me.
    You can beleb dat or not but its true
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-10-2019 at 08:36 PM.

I got 1200 very pleased my boss for prisma health upstate got 3.2million

I bet the percentage of bonus goes up exponentially depending on the color of your collar.

For all level associates (warehouse guy, account mangers, inside sales and secretary, etc, in the USA and beyond) we all have quarterly incentive plans. You produce, you get paid. And produce doesn’t necessarily mean putting money in the till. It could be operationally keeping money in the till. Or help cutting waste etc. We don’t do Christmas bonuses but have extremely affordable insurance and a generous matching 401k. We also get time off to volunteer, and if i donate $5000 to charity, my company will match my donation. We also have funds available to us to help in times of need and to take cate of us when we get older, and plans to help with children’s higher education. So you don’t really hear anyone at our company complain about “not” getting a Christmas bonus. We are taken care of year round.

Quote Originally Posted by wcbolen View Post
    You have to love healthcare.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by wcbolen View Post
    Maybe they will pay for that work I did at Oconee 3 months ago....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

We receive two bonuses a year with the company I’m with. Was told that during interview that we would receive them early spring and week of thanksgiving. It use to be 1% of base salary. They changed it to a flat bonus company wide several years ago. I wish it was individual performance based instead of company wide based. I’m happy that I receive one but don’t think I’m “owed” one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I was waiting for somebody to post that
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead