Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-duckhunting rubbaheads

[img]graemlins/iagree.gif[/img]
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

tradorion Coots

DON'T do it that way.

I have one such pending court case right now- criminal negligent use of a firearm among other things- it takes your license for a year or more among other penalties- enough said.

You will not like the outcome.

Ask them to leave, if they don't sit back and eat a pack of nabs and wait for them to fish on.

T

Stand up very visibly in your blind, and take pictures of their boat. When they ask why you are doing it, say it's for evidence when you bring a "interfering with a hunt" charge against them. The visibly get on your cell phone.

Might make em nervous enough to leave.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

now thats thinkin Rat
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Originally posted by BigBrother:
    It was when I was a bit younger...more balls than brains...
    Trad...today would be a totally different story. Today, I would pack my shit up and move on. It isnt worth it just to kill some birds.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Ring King
    Dude calm down it was just a joke. I would never shoot at anyone . A duck isn't worth jail time for me. If a bass fisherman was that close to me and wouldn't be polite enough to move I would just go home.

Trad, what kind of evidence would be considered adequate to establish PC in making an "interfering with a legal hunt" case? Wouldn't that be Federal?

Or is it a case that should be witnessed by a LEO in order to make it stick?

One thing to consider - it is all based on the individual scenario. There are times when a fisherman might be 50 yards away from you and NEITHER of you know it. Be sensible.

To me, the interference comes when they are (A) aware of your position, and (B) have been asked to move (and refused) and (C) are so close as to cause a safety concern as well as to shut down your chances of success. How does one measure that?

To me, the best you can hope for is 50-75 yards. Which is not enough, but probably the best the law will give you as I see it. 100 yards would be better, but that might be seen as placing an undue burden on the fisherman.

Being an asshole (either side) never solves anything.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Just crank up the ol' mud motor and shoot some rooster tails over his boat that should make him leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!