Thread: Those with adjustable beds

Default Those with adjustable beds

Those with adjustable beds and wives, what did you do if anything to make it look normal? Some type of frame around it? Took advantage of the sale at Engineered sleep last week and have an adjustable bed on the way. Wife is wondering how to make it look as normal as possible and since few of you have them figured I’d start here.

We just took the slats out of our king size bed (four post type) and the ES adjustable fit inside the existing frame. You’d never know it wasn’t just a standard mattress set just looking at it.

We use a really old door hung a little higher for a headboard to hide it if the head is up, have fairly large bedside tables, and a long bed skirt and oversized comforter to hide the rest. Most can’t tell it’s an adjustable base.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    We just took the slats out of our king size bed (four post type) and the ES adjustable fit inside the existing frame. You’d never know it wasn’t just a standard mattress set just looking at it.
    This. Wife wanted a Sleigh bed so we bought one. I wanted to make it but didn’t have the time, pity too, got some beautiful black walnut my dad had sawn I want to make something out of.

Get the frame with the wireless remotes. I fight sleep all the time, can’t get relaxed laying flat and then my back will start to cramp. Since I got the adjustable, I put it in zero gravity position and it lights out and no back issues.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Appreciate the info! Just looking for it to blend in. Master is on 1st floor and can be seen in if company comes over and the doors not closed.

Put a mirror on the ceiling. They won’t pay the bed any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Pro tip there!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Close thread lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    This. Wife wanted a Sleigh bed so we bought one. I wanted to make it but didn’t have the time, pity too, got some beautiful black walnut my dad had sawn I want to make something out of.

Get the frame with the wireless remotes. I fight sleep all the time, can’t get relaxed laying flat and then my back will start to cramp. Since I got the adjustable, I put it in zero gravity position and it lights out and no back issues.
    Tell me more about the zero gravity- I have a pinched nerve in my neck so no back sleeping, 2 busted shoulders and broken ribs on both sides that even though they are long since healed, still bother me- so I wake up and flip flop from pain about every hour- and to add to it, now my hips are going out. If I was a dog they would put me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Tell me more about the zero gravity- I have a pinched nerve in my neck so no back sleeping, 2 busted shoulders and broken ribs on both sides that even though they are long since healed, still bother me- so I wake up and flip flop from pain about every hour- and to add to it, now my hips are going out. If I was a dog they would put me down.
    Feet and lower legs are raised as well as the head and neck. Takes the pressure off you lower back and hips.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 12-10-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Wife and I have an adjustable base. We bought a bedroom set, King size bed with headboard and footboard, adjustable base frame fits just like a normal mattress sans slats. Get that bed set up, and figure out your settings. It’s a really good feeling when you feel your back muscles relax for the first time. Best money you can spend.

Lol!

I gave in to the adjustable because of reflux.

Apparently both times I’ve had pneumonia followed by surgery and a week each time in hospital were caused by reflux, had fluid entering the lung as I sleep. Putting a brick under the back of the bed just felt awkward.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 12-10-2019 at 10:47 AM.