Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any structural engineers on here?

do you really want windows, worst case scenario you can tunnel under for access, like the bat cave

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    I got a roof issue I need fixed. I’m in Chapin—shoot me a text or a call if you would bud. 803-518-4587. I had your number in my old phone but I lost contacts when swapping over.
    Yes sir
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    Brandon Wagner, PE. But I deal with water.

The company you bought the building from should have an architect that can help you.
    My thoughts also. They told me that their architect wouldn't stamp it

Are you trying to add windows that werent on the approved construction plans?
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Are you needing the headers sized?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    PM Tater. He's got a stamp......
    T-ramp stamps dont count

I got a friend.. Here's some of his work

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I got 4 I deal with. But, if your building was engineered and you got a set of drawings approved for permits to construct, you should be covered. Also if this is a post and beam and you didn’t compromise a beam, then it’s not a load bearing issue. Unless it’s a major change, I wouldn’t even worry about it until I was called on it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

^^^ this is what I’m thinking.

You will probably have a hard time finding a reputable engineer that will put his stamp over top of somebody else's stamp. Sounds like you need to lean on the building manufacturer a little bit...

I don't remember all the particulars of the building, but I can't imagine you have wind load and seismic requirements where you're at.... Are you post and beam construction or stick-built? If there is no load transferred in between the posts, just make sure your header schedule supports your openings. Missing a couple pieces to the puzzle to make any more definitive statements. Does your current stamped set of plans have a detail for the pedestrian door?

Deal with all public inspectors the same, a Clemson handshake. They don’t work for $50k only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this in Gaston county Andrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Is this in Gaston county Andrew?
    Yes. Red iron steel. No openings except for garage doors were included in the original stamped drawings. Building manufacturer has sent me details on how to cut openings and transfer loads but will not put their stamp on it. I have a feeling the county is gonna put me through the ringer on this. I'm bout to the pint where I'm going to cut first and ask questions later

Forgiveness is always easier than permission.... till it isn’t. Lol. Cut ‘em in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yes. Red iron steel. No openings except for garage doors were included in the original stamped drawings. Building manufacturer has sent me details on how to cut openings and transfer loads but will not put their stamp on it. I have a feeling the county is gonna put me through the ringer on this. I'm bout to the pint where I'm going to cut first and ask questions later
    Might be best, at this point, to finish the building as a secondary structure if that is an option. Get the final inspection and then commence on the "remodel". Was this originally submitted as a single family dwelling or merely as a storage building? If occupied, obviously egress will come into play and windows would be required in the bedroooms/sleeping areas. Are there any double/triple windows on your plans? If nothing is larger than a 30xx and no higher than the header on the pedestrian door you can use your detail for said door. I would definitely get this ironed out before you start cutting holes that may remain open for an indefinite period of time when they red tag your project for making unapproved changes to the design of the building and/or not having the construction match the submitted/stamped plans. Different municipalities handle situations differently, but this is not a situation that I would "just say the hell with". Could wind up being a real mess that would be much better navigating from the sideline rather than the 50 yd line.

Company I bought the building from knew my intentions and told me it wasn't an issue. I'm just not sure why their engineer won't stamp the cut in details. It's to the point where's it holding up other trades and I can only listen to my wife for so much longer if you know what I mean (I'm sure most of you do)

I'm about to drive down to Georgia and start throwing stuff

Like Ryan hillinski

What are we talking about you needing to do here? Cut the siding for the window openings? Will you also have to cut wind grits out of the way and then reframe those?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    What are we talking about you needing to do here? Cut the siding for the window openings? Will you also have to cut wind grits out of the way and then reframe those?
    Yes. A few of them I believe