Thread: Enjoy being blown up and stabbed

Default Enjoy being blown up and stabbed

If I could move further into the mountains I would, but I think that I am good...
    -----------------------------
    South Carolina Mayors Join National Refugee Resettlement Push

The mayors of South Carolina’s two largest cities recently joined a nationwide push to defy U.S. president Donald Trump in his efforts to limit refugee resettlements in America – arguing these settlements offer “cultural vibrancy and diversity” to their municipalities.

Mayors Steve Benjamin of Columbia, S.C. and John Tecklenburg of Charleston, S.C. were among the 88 signatories a letter urging Trump to rescind his September 26, 2019 executive order – which expanded the ability of municipal governments to veto such resettlements.

“U.S. cities have long benefited from the annual arrival of refugees,” the mayors wrote in their letter to the president. “Once they are resettled, refugees learn the new language, adjust to the different culture, and strive to establish a new life. In the process, they also enrich and bring cultural vibrancy and diversity to their local communities.”

Is that true, though?

The letter went on to say refugees “contribute meaningfully to our economy as earners and taxpayers” – but only after receiving “initial assistance upon arriving in the United States.”

Assistance that comes from taxpayers, of course …

In addition to removing newly erected barriers to refugee resettlements, the mayors asked Trump to lift recently imposed numerical limitations on such resettlements – restrictions which have attracted significant bipartisan, institutional opposition in Washington, D.C.

“The mayors join the national security establishment, Republican and Democrat lawmakers, as well as the Koch brothers’ network of GOP donors to demand that Trump increase refugee resettlement to the country,” reporter John Binder noted for Breitbart.

Wait … the “conservative” Koch empire is also pushing for more of these resettlements?

We would say we are surprised to hear that, but..

According to Binder, refugee resettlements cost U.S. taxpayers nearly $1.7 billion a year – while providing lucrative government contracts for well-connected refugee “placement” groups.

Among these groups? The National Immigration Forum – which has received funding from several organizations affiliated with billionaire liberal financier George Soros. One of the groups receiving funding from Soros – the so-called “Evangelical Immigration Table” – has had a South Carolina presence.

Regular readers of this news outlet will recall that we have consistently argued against refugee resettlements – not just from a political or national security perspective, but because they impose immediate and long-term financial obligations on taxpayers. Also there is no shortage of historical evidence attesting to the fact that diversity – if unaccompanied by a pervasive national unity – serves as a corrosive force on a country.

South Carolina politicians – including former governor Nikki Haley – have been staunch supporters of refugee resettlements, however. Haley’s administration even pushed to have refugees from Muslim nations like Somalia settled in the Palmetto State over the objections of local lawmakers – including then-state senator Kevin Bryant.

“As libertarians, this news site sees the value in multiculturalism and diversity … although our support has always hinged upon ideological underpinnings including sustainable economics, respect for the rule of law and equality of opportunity (not equality of outcomes),” we wrote recently.

In other words new perspectives are indeed vitally important to solving the problems our nation is facing … but embracing diversity for its own sake, in a manner that elevates dependency and stokes divisions among us, is ill-advised.

More fundamentally, why should American taxpayers already struggling to provide for themselves and their families be forced to subsidize such resettlements?

We do not think they should be …

Our advice to mayors Benjamin and Tecklenburg is to focus on their own issues (here and here, respectively) and stay out of the refugee resettlement debate.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2019/12/09/...ttlement-push/

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Wait … the “conservative” Koch empire is also pushing for more of these resettlements?
    The Koch brothers have never been true conservatives. They have always been partial to RINOs and Establishment lovers. Think just more of the same old Deep State. Along with the leftist Chamber of Commerce they love immigrants illegal or not. Damn the problems that come with them, that's the citizens problem not theirs.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

They have been libertarians, tea party activist, neocons, etc. They only want influence they have no political soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can never get far enough into the mountains in order to avoid the shit show. Fact.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    They have been libertarians, tea party activist, neocons, etc. They only want influence they have no political soul.

One word, Globalists. They/he (Charles, David died in Aug.) could care less about America.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Who cares about the mayors signing a partition?

If they want to stop Trump, run for president.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-09-2019 at 04:03 PM.

What CD said.

The City of Columbia is a traveling circus.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    The City of Columbia is a traveling circus.
    Amen to that

It’s a shit show in cola no doubt. Makes total sense to sell a rescue boat to a town in SC that has had less than 5% of the deaths via water accidents that Richland county has. Especially when a particular fire station doesn’t have one and they respond to more boating related injuries than any other station in the state besides chuck town. No to mention it was already in city of cola property.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com