Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Youth Shooting Sports thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I agree with you guys - the shoot yesterday, like the others I have been to, was very well run. I assume the trappers and the folks that helped with parking are volunteers? All are professional and pleasant, as are the competitors, parents, and coaches I have dealt with.

How bad was that trailer parking lot by late afternoon yesterday?
    All clubs put in a lot of effort to make these shoots as smooth as possible, it takes a LOT of work to do them right.

Good trappers can be the hardest part, and they are not volunteers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How bad was that trailer parking lot by late afternoon yesterday?
    Lol. Real bad. They were asking everybody to wait to load their UTVs until they got on the gravel road. They’ve got some work to do to get those ruts filled in for sure.

I almost wanted to hang around until whoever owned that silver Jeep Cherokee came back up there and saw all the mud that jacked up F-250 threw all over it. Bet they were thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Trappers and people handling parking are typically volunteers that get to shoot a couple of free rounds for their time. At least that's the way they do it at the PSC. They don't ever seem to have trouble finding enough people.

Clubs generally offer members/shooters 300 free targets to help out at the shoots. My buddy was one of the volunteers.

SC has plenty of options for competitive clay shooting for youth.

Why the DNR schedules their events to conflict
    with hunting seasons is beyond me but they do put time and resources into the program.

I was there. If you didnt get to see me or talk to me, your day was not complete.

That is all.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have been a trapper and volunteer at several events atBackwoods and Clinton House when the nephew was shooting, usually got a few free rounds to shoot. He stopped when he went to college, had opps for scholarships , but wouldn't go to those schools.

If the trappers are over 50, they work for targets
    All the young ones you see work for $$$

SCYSF this Saturday at PSC in Edgefield. Shooting the 8:30 rotation. Got one on the Senior course and one on Intermediate, then we’ll be trapping on the other two rotations.

Who’s gonna be there?

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

yep....0830, gonna be a cold one!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    yep....0830, gonna be a cold one!
    Dang man, did y’all ask for an early rotation? They usually schedule the teams from farther away in the later ones.

We're the same, shoot 8:30 and trapping the next 2. I think we're all trapping on the intermediate course. With 694 registered shooters, it'll be a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Dang man, did y’all ask for an early rotation? They usually schedule the teams from farther away in the later ones.

Neg.....Think they base it on distance away.
    Guess we were just inside that distance?
    Heading up that way Fri afternoon so won't be too bad.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

We are shooting early rotation on the rookie course. I will take cold over rain.

Scott, we have four or five dads and kids going Friday evening and staying in edgefield. Give me a shout Friday afternoon.

sounds like fun.....and I'm sorry y'all will miss me again. Lauren's on injured reserve...

We are shooting early rotation on the rookie course. I will take cold over rain.

Scott, we have four or five dads and kids going Friday evening and staying in edgefield. Give me a shout Friday afternoon.
    I'll be doing the same, staying up north of there about 30 miles....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sounds like fun.....and I'm sorry y'all will miss me again. Lauren's on injured reserve...
    Hate to hear that. What happened?

broke leg

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    broke leg
    Dang that stinks.

I mean, we won’t miss you, but it’s stinks that she’s got a broke leg and can’t shoot.

Btw, for lunch, go to Jets in Edgefield. It doesn’t look like much, but the burgers are on point. The pool room has a good burger too but it’s crowded as hell on Saturdays unless you get there early and get out before the rush hits around noon.