Thread: Maui/Costas Question

Default Maui/Costas Question

I'm curious to know if either of these brands, when outfitted with glass lenses, have coating problems after being left in vehicles.

It seems that no matter the brand/price, I have lens coating issues due to prolonged heat when the glasses are stored in vehicles.

I've got 2 pairs of Maui's, and they reside in the house. I'm looking for a pair of glass lens models as long as I don't have to worry about the deterioration.

Thanks.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

I’m on my ..... 20th, maybe more pair of 580g costas and never had an issue. They are either on my head or around my rear-view mirror.

Got RX MJ’s they stay in my truck when not on the boat, they’ve been perfect.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Which is easier to get RX lenses for? I can get frames for both, but have to send the Costa’s back for the RX. Not sure about MJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Had both, my Costas sucked, everything about them. The MJ’s are great even with the progressive lenses but they aren’t cheap.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve had several of each, with no coating problems. I’d bet it’s more you than the shades.

I quit Costa years ago when I realized they were like wearing a brick, the lens are sub-par, and customer service went to poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

My Maui’s stay in my truck a lot and no issue. Also Maui is leaps and bounds better than costa or any other glasses I’ve ever owned.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Fuck Costas. Will never buy another pair. Bought 2 pairs of Maui’s a year ago and had no issues. One pair or another stay in the truck. Not on the dash in the blazing sun of course. I don’t think any can withstand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve