Thread: CJ-7 Jeep project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Going with a 216/220 (intake/exhaust angle) .600”.600” (.600 valve lift both intake and exhaust) and a 112 LSA ( lobe separation angle) Texas-Speed cam.

So with headers this should lope pretty good at idle. On an automatic it wouldn’t call for a stall converter. Since this is a manual a stall wouldn’t matter but I don’t want to lose low end torque or have to add a vacuum pump so the bitch would have enough vacuum to operate the booster.

The other projects may get a little more lift and less lobe separation but they will have an automatic and I’d just have to get them a stall converter so it doesn’t choke down in gear at idle.

I’m going to try this cam on the CJ, I think the results will be perfect and it’s the guinea pig therefore I will be able to use it for this point forward. Should be lopey, plenty of bottom end torque, 60 more HP and reasonable..... I hope.

Been a long time since I’ve been to cam school. Now days you have to tune the engine for what have, not adjust the carburetor.

Hope to have the body off, engine out, frame painted and possibly engine in over the holidays assuming everything falls into place.... which we know won’t happen.
    Last edited by KRT; 12-16-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!