Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday we discussed Greenville county...today we discuss Florida

Default Yesterday we discussed Greenville county...today we discuss Florida

https://t.co/Af4bmssRZ9

Apparently 2 suspects robbed a jewelry store, killed jewelry store employee then highjacked a UPS truck and took the UPS driver hostage. Pursuit led to shoot out where suspects were killed along with the UPS driver who was a hostage and an innocent bystander.

https://t.co/aurb6TaYA9
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 12-06-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Damn- collateral damage happens in firefights- his family will get paid by the cops and by his Teamsters insurance. IMO- the cops had a duty to the general public to stop the killer using whatever means necessary.

I read a damn good article once about armed robbers-they studied many that were incarcerated and in their mind, when they have reached the point that they are willing to pick up a gun and threaten someone's life for money- they have already made the decision to pull the trigger if necessary. It also stated once they have pulled the trigger once- they will readily do it again without hesitation, they feel it empowers them.

Good job by the cops.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 12-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Damn- collateral damage happens in firefights- his family will get paid by the cops and by his Teamsters insurance. IMO- the cops had a duty to the general public to stop the killer using whatever means necessary.

I read a damn good article once about armed robbers-they studied many that were incarcerated and in their mind, when they have reached the point that they are willing to pick up a gun and threaten someone's life for money- they have already made the decision to pull the trigger if necessary. It also stated once they have pulled the trigger once- they will readily do it without hesitation, they feel it empowers them.

Good job by the cops.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with this after watching that video. Using the hood of a civilian occupied vehicle as a shield for a firefight is not "good job by the cops". Surround the UPS truck, clear out the civilians and let freedom ring. I can promise you that if the same were to happen to me and my daughter was in the car, I would probably shoot the cop myself.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

MolliesMaster absolutely gets it! You never use the civilians you are sworn to protect as cover, NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbird View Post
    MolliesMaster absolutely gets it! You never use the civilians you are sworn to protect as cover, NEVER.
    Even if it means allowing the bad guy to shoot 50 more? What about sacrificing for the greater good- the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few?

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree with this after watching that video. Using the hood of a civilian occupied vehicle as a shield for a firefight is not "good job by the cops". Surround the UPS truck, clear out the civilians and let freedom ring. I can promise you that if the same were to happen to me and my daughter was in the car, I would probably shoot the cop myself.
    Can’t let freedom ring as long as they have the hostage, the UPS driver.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I don’t know the answer to this but it is terrible none the less.

Even if it means allowing the bad guy to shoot 50 more? What about sacrificing for the greater good- the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few?
    Would you sacrifice your wife and children for the “greater good” in this scenario? I think the fuck not.

But they’ve got to get home safe, bo.

That applies in communist China, not here. Here, the individual comes first, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    That applies in communist China, not here. Here, the individual comes first, always.
    Not even close- every ship Captain would kill 50 passengers by closing a watertight hatch to save the ship and the other 2000 on board- every time.
    Airplane pilot would crash into a river and drown their passengers instead of crash landing on an interstate- every time. Sully was very skilled and lucky.
    The list goes on and on.

Not even close- every ship Captain would kill 50 passengers by closing a watertight hatch to save the ship and the other 2000 on board- every time.
    Airplane pilot would crash into a river and drown their passengers instead of crash landing on an interstate- every time. Sully was very skilled and lucky.
    The list goes on and on.
    The captain would make that decision knowing that the whole ship depended on it. Your idea of them going on to murder 50 more people is speculation at best. I could counter argue that had the police backed off and pursued the robbers with aircraft at a distance, things could have gone a lot differently, maybe even saving the UPS guys life as well.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Would you sacrifice your wife and children for the “greater good” in this scenario? I think the fuck not.
    No shit! From the videos i saw, the term "watch your background" never crossed a single one of those cops minds. One cop looked like he emptied his entire AR mag straight into the middle of the traffic jam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Unreal.

I guess we don't train for marksmanship anymore...now it's just "pull the F'ing trigger til it goes click."

#DumpTheMag

#GetHomeSafe

Cops are gonna cop.

Hate to say it because I support the boys in blue, but they shit the rug on this one. You don't take cover behind civilians vehicles[that are still in the vehicle] and draw the gun fire in that direction. WTF. It's a miracle more people weren't killed honestly.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

That looked horrible but fuck Y’all just watched 30 seconds of what was obviously a very violent, deadly and tragic incident. Some of you guys are worse than the fucking news media. What if the robbers, I mean murderers, were shooting wildly at random people in their vehicles. Why don’t you try and have some patience and see what the entire story is. Can’t believe some of you people are breathing air.