Thread: Mossberg 930 JM pro

Default Mossberg 930 JM pro

Any body got any experience with this gun? Friend of mine was thinking about buying one just to have fun with. Anybody heard bad things? 813759F5-FA25-43D0-BEA5-552B27B908D4.jpeg
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

They are great and fun!

It’s a Mossberg
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I’ve never seen one make it all the way through a 3 gun match. I have several acquaintances who have tried to run them but they all eventually got rid of them.
    Look at the Stoeger M3K if you want an inexpensive tacticool semiauto that will usually run.
    If you can swing it the Benelli M2 and the Beretta 1301 are the two top tier guns in that class. My Beretta has only malfunctioned once and it was bad ammo.
    Last edited by FLS; 05-02-2020 at 04:20 PM.

If it’s just to have fun, does it matter?

Clearing malfunctions isn’t fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Clearing malfunctions isn’t fun.
    I agree 100 percent, but reliability comes with a cost that people “who are looking to just have fun” aren’t usually willing to pay. Kind of my point in asking the question.

Plus, trying to get faster splits gets old after awhile. Seeing how fast you can get your gun running again is way more fun.
    Last edited by wskinner; 05-02-2020 at 10:34 PM.

It'll be fun until you find out that "JM" stands for "Jam Master".

The OP asked if anyone had heard any bad things. I can honestly say I never heard a single person say, “ I’m really glad I bought. JM pro.” I’ve watched several friends and acquaintances struggle to make those things run reliably. All have failed. It’s a piece of shit. Period.
    There are better inexpensive options. The Stoeger M3Ks run pretty well once they’re broken in. I would choose it 1000% over the JM even if I was just playing around with it.
    I shot an 1100 when I started shooting 3 gun. I drilled out one of the gas ports, added a mag extension and it ran like a raped ape. Fun to shoot. But they're impossible to load fast, and that’s where shotgun matches/ stages are won or lost, so I bought a Beretta and never looked back. Unfortunately the matches have all but disappeared.

FLS, I see now it looks like I was responding to your post when I said “does it matter”. That was for the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

It’s pretty sad Jerry Miculek lent his name to a company with such a poor track record when it comes to auto guns. I would think he could’ve had pick of any. FN or Beretta would have been great. I’ve always enjoyed watching his stuff. Heck, he even put a vid up on YouTube the other day of him seeing how fast he could run an M107, unsupported.
    Last edited by wskinner; 05-03-2020 at 08:07 AM.

I have one and never had a problem with it. I let my boys run a lot of cheap dove loads through then cleaned it, filled up with 4 buck and a scatter choke and put it by my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    FLS, I see now it looks like I was responding to your post when I said “does it matter”. That was for the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

It’s pretty sad Jerry Miculek lent his name to a company with such a poor track record when it comes to auto guns. I would think he could’ve had pick of any. FN or Beretta would have been great. I’ve always enjoyed watching his stuff. Heck, he even put a vid up on YouTube the other day of him seeing how fast he could run an M107, unsupported.
    I’ve been fortunate enough to shoot on his squad a few times. He is a great guy as is his wife. Very much an avareage Joe till the shooting starts. I’m not sure why he chose Mossberg, maybe for that very reason??? Much lesser shooters have better sponsors. His shotgun is far from stock though. And I’ve watched it fail a couple of times, but that’s the norm for open class shotguns. They run on the ragged edge of performance. My buddy has a $3000 R&R Saiga and has to keep his shells in a cooler so the hulls don’t get soft in the heat or it will not run reliably. I put 1500 rounds thru my Beretta without a cleaning and it chugged right along. Finally felt guilty and cleaned it.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post

Agreed. Did some research else where on the Internet. Sad to see legend like Jerry miculek’s name on something not worthy. Think he’s going to have a look at the stoeger.