Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 500 WE or 475 LB

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    How did you find this forum? And more importantly, after finding and reading this forum, how did you decide that this was the place for you? Honest question.
    Honest answer...... Divers have literally made me crazy to point where its insulting, tried everything but failed.... so decided to surf, been thru few forums but didn't made any sense to me, either were commercial bullshit or people i don't understand, or trash talk... The SC Duck name itself and then observed/read posts here...seems decent place with enough experienced members to help out, most importantly, seems either most know each other or a close community which is a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    They have a shrine set up for Sportin Woodies in his country, he was delegated to make contact and eventually bring their king home.

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    That first video is crazy... Looks like the white dog at the end got him a tasty snack.

What about a 45 lc? It should be similar to what you have, but you could still get brass for it. Or, get a 454 and just shoot 45 lc out of it. Are you casting your own bullets?
    Yes, i cast....this 455 has very soft recoil....454 sounds good but no one has it in my circle.
    Last edited by cyrusthevirus; 12-06-2019 at 12:54 PM.

We're a scholarly clique

I'm not pistol expert and i may have missed it, but if you're shooting off horses, or less than 15 yards, there's not a hog on this planet a good 00 buckshot load won't kill. Personally i'd feel way more confident with that than any pistol round. Not sure you have them available over there though.

Enjoying your pictures and stories, you'd be disappointed with our hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus View Post
    Honest answer...... Divers have literally made me crazy to point where its insulting, tried everything but failed.... so decided to surf, been thru few forums but didn't made any sense to me, either were commercial bullshit or people i don't understand, or trash talk... The SC Duck name itself and then observed/read posts here...seems decent place with enough experienced members to help out, most importantly, seems either most know each other or a close community which is a good thing...

Yes, i cast....this 455 has very soft recoil....454 sounds good but no one has it in my circle.
    The guys on here are a rough crowd but honestly some of the best folks on earth. I have made friends on here that have become like family. Glad you joined I have enjoyed your pics and I honestly never even thought people duck hunted in China. Now I’m thinking skipping Canada next year and heading to China hahaha

I'm confident I would look pretty fly donned in khaki over there.. what I don't know is yalls variety in indigenous exotic fruits. I freaking love dates though.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 12-06-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Not sure, but I thought I saw cyrus’s shadow sporting a deerstalker cap.

Do y’all have Turkeys?
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I'm not pistol expert and i may have missed it, but if you're shooting off horses, or less than 15 yards, there's not a hog on this planet a good 00 buckshot load won't kill. Personally i'd feel way more confident with that than any pistol round. Not sure you have them available over there though.

Enjoying your pictures and stories, you'd be disappointed with our hunting!
    We lost a horses last year... One of friends missed the charging boar and horse belly was ripped open...so avoiding horses....after the incident, we hunt on a vehicle, thats easy because i've killed many boars with .22LR, eye/ear shot......For close range boars or under 70 yards, we use buckshot.....for 100+ yards, rifle....An injured boar turned back hit the truck....
    Attachment 51891
    It depends on the terrain we are hunting...we have heavy sugar cane plantation and such hunts are driven/close range shooting....I was reloading and a friend shot a boar came out no where at 20 yards, so looking for something conceal & carry is easy, is subsonic and have an impact...
    So many stories to share.... Most funniest is we were out on a driven hunt and this lad had balls to stand on a boar hole and was using a stick, we were at the front and he had bushes on the back when suddenly a medium size boar came out of the bush behind him and bite him on the balls....guy is still alive but missing a ball bitten by a boar lol

Quote Originally Posted by AH HOLY View Post
    Do y’all have Turkeys?
    No Turkeys..

I've been reading about .454 and seems similar to what i have .455......read reviews of 500 & 475 and is not pleasant to shoot....

I've read that using a moon clip, .45 Schofield and .45 Colt cartridges fits in perfectly....

1. so Ruger or Taurus or FA?
    2. I want to keep it mild, a 250 grain cast bullet with a bn hardness of 18 or higher should put me around 1100 something.... However, i want to keep it max at 950fps or 1000...... so 7gr Trail Boss or 10gr of umique?

Any experience or guidance in this would be much appreciated.

Before you decide on which cartridge to shoot, take a look at specialty bullets made by Lehigh. https://www.lehighdefense.com/