Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: food stamps USDA work requirement change

Over 90% of people born on welfare, die on welfare. That's alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Charity should be left to the church and the individual.
    This. A friend of mine started an organization called, “The By Name Project”, with the goal of helping the homeless and those in need get the help they really need to improve their situation, not just throwing money at them. When I say he started it, I mean while getting his welding certificate, in his off time he would go into parts of town that most people only drive through fast, and talk with the people he found living under bridges and in shanties and learning their stories and identifying what they needed to change their situation, then get them connected with organizations that specialize in their specific needs, whether it be mental health, addiction issues, whatever. The organization also provides meals, clothing, toiletries, etc.

He got the idea from “The Lot Project” based in Anderson. His brother works/worked there and he spent some time up there with him.

The church I attended has even partnered with By Name, in addition to the numerous causes it already supports in our community.

So yes, Fuzz, the Church and the individual are far more effective in helping people than the government.
    Last edited by wskinner; 12-05-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Government social programs are a trap. They were not created to help. They were created to trap people into lives of dependency. Very few escape. The entire system is designed to keep them begging, dependent and forcing them to vote for the ones who tout the merits of the system.