Thread: Exhaust Leak at Turbo

Default Exhaust Leak at Turbo

2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost 45,150 miles has a chirping noise on the drivers side engine, dealer says that it is a leak at the exhaust flange of the turbo. I have the Ford Premium Extended Warranty, dealer says it is not covered under warranty. How is that possible?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Go back to the same dealer and ask to speak with the service manager or General Manager. If they still give you the run around, tell them your company is fixing to replace 10 trucks and ford was going to get the business, but service after the sell will make you buy elsewhere.

I had a buddy get his turbo replaced once. The same thing happened again not a week later and they wanted him to pay for the next one. I would call a different dealer.

This may be helpful. Maybe not:

At least I'm housebroken.

Because dealership service departments suck.

When NADA says that on average, 49.6% of an American car dealership's income comes from the maintenance department, that tells you everything you need to know...
    Formerly DM88

Well, I took my truck into the Ford dealership to fix the Turbo flange exhaust leak and I get a call that they broke the bolt off in the engine and will have to charge me an additional $250 to remove the bolt before they can repair the truck.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    Well, I took my truck into the Ford dealership to fix the Turbo flange exhaust leak and I get a call that they broke the bolt off in the engine and will have to charge me an additional $250 to remove the bolt before they can repair the truck.
    Uhhhh. Negative. They broke the bolt, they pay for the removal.

The bolt wasn't broke when you took it in so they can eat that $250 plus anything else they break.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Yep. You fuck it up you fix it is the standard.

They told me that they also broke one of their tools trying to get the bolt out and have to pay their tech to try and get the broken bolt out and I would have to pay because Ford would not pay them to remove the bolt. I have left a message with the owner of the dealership, no word so far.

~Chief Seattle ~

Which dealership is it?

I would rape somebody's feelings