Thread: 6.5 Diesel in Suburban

Default 6.5 Diesel in Suburban

Had a guy that works for me run across this and he knew I was looking for a knock around vehicle, preferably and SUV. Maybe one out of state trip a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absolute worst diesel engine I have ever owned. Had a '98 K2500 with that hunk of shit in it, at 50K it was on the 3rd set of injectors, got 9mpg unloaded, belched soot like a coal plant and wouldn't pull a wet noodle out of a cat's ass. To this day, I just cannot buy a GM product. Traded the POS on a F350 7.3L and never looked back.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Enough said. Close my thread

Damn. Saltys words carry the iron.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by CurLee; 12-11-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Absolute worst diesel engine I have ever owned. Had a '98 K2500 with that hunk of shit in it, at 50K it was on the 3rd set of injectors, got 9mpg unloaded, belched soot like a coal plant and wouldn't pull a wet noodle out of a cat's ass. To this day, I just cannot buy a GM product. Traded the POS on a F350 7.3L and never looked back.
    Was it a 6.2 or a 6.5? You described a 6.2. pretty well. The people I knew with a couple guys with 6.5s. One dude had a marine 6.5. I think it was a mechanical injecting engine, maybe? The 250-300 hp it made was not worth the many thousands of dollars he through at it.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

I’ve got a ‘99 suburban with the 6.5 and love it. Relocate the PMD and always carry a spare. Mine goes through one about every 18 months. Other than that I’ve had no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    Was it a 6.2 or a 6.5? You described a 6.2. pretty well. The people I knew with a couple guys with 6.5s. One dude had a marine 6.5. I think it was a mechanical injecting engine, maybe? The 250-300 hp it made was not worth the many thousands of dollars he through at it.
    It was a 6.5L. The first injector issue was at 11K, 2nd was at 27k, 3rd was at 44k. I traded it at the Ford dealer in Seneca and it cut off at the light above the dealership. I swore I’d coast that POS into the parking lot if I’d of had to.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I’ve got a ‘99 suburban with the 6.5 and love it. Relocate the PMD and always carry a spare. Mine goes through one about every 18 months. Other than that I’ve had no problems with it.
    What he said. Keep the radiator clean (and dont put fog lights in the bumper intake holes), and you wont have any cooling issues either.

I sold my pickup after I had kids because it was a day cab. Ill have another one shortly. Only diesel I would ever own.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    It was a 6.5L. The first injector issue was at 11K, 2nd was at 27k, 3rd was at 44k. I traded it at the Ford dealer in Seneca and it cut off at the light above the dealership. I swore I’d coast that POS into the parking lot if I’d of had to.
    That sucks. I reckon they all cannot be zingers
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog