Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow... This is an interesting hunting story..

Default Wow... This is an interesting hunting story..

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

“It seems wild, but they washed our vehicles and put fuel in them,” Williams said.

Chapman recalled that they only washed his nephew’s truck.

“And detailed it,” Chapman told The Daily Beast. “Mine’s still dirty.”

Da hell?

I wonder how much they want for that lease. Could probably pick it up for a low price.

Cartels ain’t stupid. They know killing Americans is bad for business.

Was in a trial a few weeks ago with a client who does a lot of business in Mexico. He was saying that the US press gives Mexico a bad rap. As long as you're not in the drug game, you're safe (according to him). He said that the Mexicans think we're crazy talking about them being dangerous when we have all of these school shootings (and they don't).
    Carolina Counsel

Head to Sonora next month, guess i'll find out. The area i'm going to hasn't had any issues thankfully
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Head to Sonora next month, guess i'll find out. The area i'm going to hasn't had any issues thankfully
    I just got off the phone with a client of mine about an hour ago that has a lodge in Sonora and has been operating there for years. He's never mentioned any issues taking place down there.

I have rule of thumb that if a large contingent of a country’s population regularly attempts to illegally immigrate from said country, I doubt I want to visit. Mexico, Somalia, Liberia, North Korea, France (not so much because of immigration, but because I don’t deal with uppity Europeans), are all on that list

Most of the problems I've heard from down there were honkey organizations being pressured by the Federales, years back though. I knew guys who have been searched at gun point.. Not our crowd though, they were Mexicans running Mexican lead groups. I could see where you'd feel uneasy if you've never been to shady ass places, but I have been through some shady ass places. Got a good friend down there hunting in the San Fernando area right now.. He might chime in at some point.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 12-04-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Was in a trial a few weeks ago with a client who does a lot of business in Mexico. He was saying that the US press gives Mexico a bad rap. As long as you're not in the drug game, you're safe (according to him). He said that the Mexicans think we're crazy talking about them being dangerous when we have all of these school shootings (and they don't).
    Yeah they just murder whole villages, and kidnap people.

People I know who travel down there regularly say that, with the exception of specific areas, they wouldn't step foot into Mexico if they didn't have to for their jobs.

I've never been there, and have no interest in doing so. There are so many more places of interest, and safer to visit, both within the US and around the world. Why screw with MX?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Kidnapping can get yo up to 30 years in SC. In Mexico, kidnapping is about like jaywalking here. And they don't put people away for life for murder down there either. More like 10 to 20 years.
    DILLIGAF

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. American tourists regularly crossed the border into Tijuana for all the stupid reasons you can think of, but it was relatively safe....I wouldn't try that today for all the sweet tea in Charleston.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Why screw with Mexico? The hunting and fishing can be pretty outstanding. Best hunt of my life was a mule deer hunt in Sonora.
    Carolina Counsel

My son just left Magdalena Bay the other week. I think their best day was 157 striped marlin.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I just got off the phone with a client of mine about an hour ago that has a lodge in Sonora and has been operating there for years. He's never mentioned any issues taking place down there.
    George Strait’s Mexican fling swore she’d never return there. Pretty sure there’s a cartel named after that place, too.

I also can’t think of any reason a lodge owner would have for failing to disclose safety concerns near his place to a guy that books hunting trips for people.

Kidding, of course.

I spent a week in San Fernando in October. Took 101 “The Highway of Death” down from Brownsville. Aside from the maniac driving us I never felt unsafe the entire time I was there. Plenty of police and military presence and they didn’t look like the type that were interested in shaking you down for a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    George Strait’s Mexican fling swore she’d never return there. Pretty sure there’s a cartel named after that place, too.

I also can’t think of any reason a lodge owner would have for failing to disclose safety concerns near his place to a guy that books hunting trips for people.

Kidding, of course.

I don’t book for him, do some work with him for a group he heads up.

Would love to be a client of his one day, and probably will in the next 5 or so years. The surroundings being a little sketchy makes for a better story.

Rich people problems, I'm just trying to get thru Bonneau/St. Stephens at 5am without getting a speeding ticket.

I hunted San Fernando 3 years in a row back in 98, 99, and 2000. It was a little weird how we would get stopped all the time for shake-downs, but I never felt unsafe. Of course, that was long ago. It was also back when you could shoot about as many ducks as you wanted and then go kill 50+ wild quail in the afternoon. Great times.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Same trip here.. mostly shot doves though in the afternoons, some quail hunts