Thread: Cabela's / Bass Pro merger cause and effect..

Default Cabela's / Bass Pro merger cause and effect..

Loved me some Cabela's.. The two near me are now a mere shell of what they once were. Full of shitty "RedHead" brand gear that ain't worth spit.

Article attached that also shows the long reaching impact to other folks who had some "Investment" in Cabela's . The rich get richerer...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/paul-sing...o-shops-merger
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

cabelas used to be a symbol of quality. I think there are still things they have that follow that pattern but its slowly getting infiltrated by BPS crap
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I walked into the Greenville one last Friday. Mistake. But to echo you, yea, all I saw was a buncha redhead shit as well.. I didnt stay in there long.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Live about five miles from the store in Greenville. I never go there anymore.

I received a survey a while back and bashed them pretty bad. There was a question in there asking if I’d like to see cabelas brand clothing return. Their clothing brand was actually pretty darn good. I haven’t spent much time in the Greenville store since the conversion. Hell, they did away with the bargain cave.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I received a survey a while back and bashed them pretty bad. There was a question in there asking if I’d like to see cabelas brand clothing return. Their clothing brand was actually pretty darn good. I haven’t spent much time in the Greenville store since the conversion. Hell, they did away with the bargain cave.
    Now instead of selling the returned gear at a discount, they throw it away. If an employee tries to take it or dumpster dive for it they will be fired immediately. The store in Augusta said they watch the dumpster camera more than any other in the store. I took some avian x decoys back my sister got me. They were supposed to be greenwings in the box but were blue instead, simply wrong box but quality was fine, and they we’re going to throw them away. I can’t say I would shed a tear if they disappeared.
    For the ducks

Cabelas was mismanaged well before the hedge fund got involved. The products was great but the management team was terrible and the balance sheet showed it. A hedge fund doesn’t just show up one day. They are attracted by underperforming financials. Cabelas leadership made their bed when they refused to restructure debt strategically. The same CEO that let Ceberus capital in the door at Remington. There is a pattern.

I was never disappointed with with the stuff I got from Cabela's. But that was along time ago
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I buy all my cabelas stuff now off ebay. Worth it to me to find the older more durable stuff.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Yeah it sucks now compared to before bps bought them

I miss Herters.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I won't go in cabelas anymore. Garbage.