When I was in elementary school I developed a bit of a stutter but it was not constant, it came and went. Sometimes, it would be almost debilitating and other times almost unnoticeable. The parents would send me to speech therapist but I would rarely have the condition in that clinical setting. I eventually grew out of it and probably chalk it up to my biological father moving away and being a general POS during that period of time, but who really knows. I can only imagine how it might have affected my life had it happened during puberty and testosterone was involved. I am sure it makes him self-conscience.

Later in life, I read a couple of books by Dr. Sarno, one is called Healing Back Pain and the other is The Divided Mind. Dr. Sarno was an orthopedic surgeon specializing in spinal injuries and decided that many of his patients had psychosomatic sources for their pain. The pain was VERY real but the causation was external. I recommend everyone read it. I have personally bought and given away dozens of copies of this book. He explains how your mind controls your body and not the other way around. As an example you see someone throw up, so you throw up, or someone gets bad news and passes out. Both of these actions are real, you really threw up and or passed out but they were both caused not by physical stimulus but by mental stimulus. Good luck and hang in there, it gets better. MG

IMG_3845.jpg