Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCYSF @ Moree's.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Tough targets? Do you have a link to the scores?
    They were tougher than normal Chris. The kids I know were about 8-10 targets off their normal scores. I only saw the JV course, they were fast and edgy. Lots of true pairs in relation to what you normally see at a youth shoot. Heard there was one report pair on the Senior Varsity course. I think there were 4 on JV.

Brady got sick Friday and had to miss it and Ryan shot up to fill a JV team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    We used to practice at rocky knoll every Sunday simply for the fact they set tougher targets. We would shoot lower scores at practice because of the targets and then tournament today we would all be between 85-90.
    When we shot the course on Sunday we would go back and reshoot the stations we had problems with. Our team was very competitive and always places in the top 3 at the tournaments
    Did you shoot for RK? We’re shooting with them this year. Jeff, Lynn, and Jim are great people.

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    They were tougher than normal Chris. The kids I know were about 8-10 targets off their normal scores. I only saw the JV course, they were fast and edgy. Lots of true pairs in relation to what you normally see at a youth shoot. Heard there was one report pair on the Senior Varsity course. I think there were 4 on JV.

Brady got sick Friday and had to miss it and Ryan shot up to fill a JV team.

There were NO MORE than 4 out of 14 reports on the Rookie....
    My girl was a first timer, she shot 38 so everyone is proud!
    Lots to work on but that will come, looking forward to each shoot with great anticipation and watching her grow as a shooter!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 12-08-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

My son's team won the rookie division. He had the HOA in their division with a 75.

Quote Originally Posted by TEK View Post
    My son's team won the rookie division. He had the HOA in their division with a 75.
    Awesome!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

He's 9 years old. This is his second year shooting. It was challenging to say the least.

642AC025-7EF7-4B4A-92D6-D44ABBC624FF.jpeg
    EF4D7819-82D4-47CF-8606-C9E09E8468D0.jpeg
    B46A2F91-5590-411E-8585-C9D9625FFF53.jpeg
    Link for the Scores. http://s3.scoringpro.com/public/tour...i6Oah0KaqHD2A=

We took home the intermediate boys 1st place and HOA. Ladies intermediate advanced 1st place and HOA. Senior lady’s 3rd place. Great targets and Mooreeeees has a great course very nice.
    Last edited by Birdfinder; 12-08-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Plant it they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Did you shoot for RK? We’re shooting with them this year. Jeff, Lynn, and Jim are great people.

So when I started shooting the whole youth shooting thing was just getting kicked off really. Jimmy and my dad work together and he asked me if I wanted to start shooting some youth tournaments. I had two friends that wanted to shoot as well and that was our team. We shot for 3yrs (10th, 11th, and 12th grade). The first year we started shooting were somewhat sponsored by the Clinton House. The next two years we always practiced at RK. Jeff and Lynn weren’t really involved with our team back then, Jimmy was the only coach we had but that was fine considering it was just 3 of us.

Jimmy’s as good of a guy as you could ever ask to meet.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 12-09-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by TEK View Post
    Good stuff. Congrats to y'all as well Birdfinder.

I have no doubt they were tough. Andy generally sets targets on the tough side. Hopefully that doesn't discourage some of the new shooters in the program.

The reason you saw so many true pairs was to keep the course moving. You probably saw more speed too. It's done like that to move shooters thru the course. With over 600 kids it would be a slow go if you had a bunch of report pairs.

The main thing is to not get discouraged by the tougher targets and maintain a positive attitude. I've shot my fair share of ridiculously tough targets and that is key to finishing well.

The guys at Rocky Knoll are the best. Just a bunch of rednecks having a good time and helping the kids improve. I've know Jim, Jeff and Lynn for over 15 years.

The trappers were very good. They helped move things along also. We will be on the field course at rocky creek practicing on the types of targets that gave us trouble next weekend for sure.

I'll be at Rocky Creek today training.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdfinder View Post

We took home the intermediate boys 1st place and HOA. Ladies intermediate advanced 1st place and HOA. Senior lady’s 3rd place. Great targets and Mooreeeees has a great course very nice.
    Very nice sir. I've been wondering for 2 years who the young lady is that keeps getting intermediate advanced HOA . Please tell her conrgats. She consistently beats one of my girl shooters by 2-3 shots at every shoot. She can NOT remain focused enough to finish out. 13 year old girls drive me batshit crazy

That being said, the rookie course yesterday was more difficult than I have ever seen it. Not a complaint, just an observation.

We practiced at Palmetto Bluff one day last year where the course was set up so the manager could train up before a fitasc national shoot. We (including me) looked silly out there trying to shoot. That shit was stupid hard, but it was good training and I emphasized to those kids not to worry about how many they broke- look at the presentation, develop a plan (good plan), change your plan if it aint workin, focus, and have lots of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

I shot the senior course Saturday during the 2:00 rotation... man was that course hard. A few stations the shots were over 40 yards and movin quick. Hardest course I have ever seen. Most shooters I talked to were taken back on how tough that course was

So, a 9 year old shot 75/100? Mighty impressive
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Here he is with his teammates.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How did y’all get involved with this? Anything in the Charleston area?
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

We got started with his school.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How bout the 6th grader breaking 91

good stuff all around...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.