Thread: Go devil boat with outboard

Default Go devil boat with outboard

Looking for first hand experience from anyone that has tried it. I have a 40 Yamaha currently on a war eagle. I might be able to get a 1648 go devil boat for a good price and really like the floor layout. I know they are slick bottom and have potential to slide and don’t do as well in chop but just want to hear from someone who has tried it and pros and cons and anything I might not be thinking of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just buy it if it's that good of a deal.worst situation...you dont like it, but you could always resell it.

Holler at beanhunter. He used to run an outboard on his gator trax in the summer.

I put a 25 merc on a 1648. It ran 31 or so. Faster u go the more it will slide. It should hold it fine though. Will only be limited by your ability to hold it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Ran an 1844 gatortrax with a 40 Yamaha 2 stroke. Loved the combination. Got on step in a boat length. Ran atleast 40mph. No issues with sliding or handling. Wish I would have kept it.

Will run fine but need a football field to turn at slow speed....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    Ran an 1844 gatortrax with a 40 Yamaha 2 stroke. Loved the combination. Got on step in a boat length. Ran atleast 40mph. No issues with sliding or handling. Wish I would have kept it.
    That godevil is tapered chine. They will slide. Gator trax is round chine and bites
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Thanks for the input guys! Now to see what I can really get it for and then sell the war eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    I had the same exact setup. Mine never hit 40, but I liked the setup as well and wished I had kept the motor.

As far as the sliding is concerned it depends on whether the godevil is one of their duck hunting boats or a surface drive boat. Duck hunting boats have round chine which will turn better whereas surface drive boats have tapered chines. Checking their website shows they make a 38", 44", and 56" duck hunting boat but I'm pretty sure they used to make one in 48". Either way I've heard they're a lot of fun with an outboard.