Thread: Underground Oil Tank Removal recommendation?

Default Underground Oil Tank Removal recommendation?

Looking for someone to remove an old underground oil tank...(or abandon and fill) on a residential property in Columbia.

Tank is 7'10" long and approximately 550 gallons. Top of tank is 2' below grade.

Enough access between properties to get a mini track hoe or skid steer to it.

They need it done in the next 2 weeks...

Any recommendations?

Is it empty?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Composition 4 (91% RDX) or SEMTEX (42% RDX + 70% PETN). C-4 may be hard to find but SEMTEX is readily available. I'd suggest using SEMTEX 10 which a mining compound.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Flowable fill.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

KRT
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Or labhumper. Just video it, and you will be guaranteed to win the big prize from AFV.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Is it empty?
    Almost.... ~2" of oil in it measured by sticking a wooden dowel down the fill spout.

I got a guy, I’ll have to find his card tomorrow. I think his name is Snuffy, looks like a mountain man.

Delete thread. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys will make it go by by. We have used them on UST closures from houses all the way up to gas stations.

TK Tanks Services out of Sumter.

http://www.tktanksvc.com/contact.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Delete thread. Trust me.

He is fixing to spend enough money to fill that tank twice. Digging up the tank is the cheapest part, disposal of tank, soil testing and if soil is contaminated that what’s gets expensive and time consuming, cause no environmental service wants to sign the paperwork till they know the soil is spotless.
    So yes Delete thread. Trust him.

You actually found an underground water storage tank. No way it was used for oil storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    You actually found an underground water storage tank. No way it was used for oil storage.
    Exactly, he needs to rent something to dig it up, place on trailer, put a 2” pipe plug in , and carry to the farm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is a residential tank, it does not fall under DHEC regulation (unless soil contamination is found during removal, then you are required to report and it can get EXPENSIVE). What is your reason for digging it up?
    Last edited by thunderchicken; 12-02-2019 at 08:38 PM.

I hope the soil is good around it...

For clarity on the situation...I had someone ask me for a recommendation on this, it isn't me or at my place. If it was mine I would of dealt with it TimSmith style on my own. It came up in a real estate inspection and has to be dealt with by the book. DHEC has already been involved and said good to go and filling would be best and least expensive option.

Like I said, flowable fill provided there is a big enough opening to get it in. Make a funnel, back the truck up and fill it, then cap it off. Been there, done that.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thanks Mark!

Yep, if that is the case, fill it up with flowable fill and move on.