Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFP Discussion

Default CFP Discussion

I wanted to start out with the "let's keep this thread focused on the teams in the playoffs" but harkened back to ECU spending his entire day yesterday talking shit about the teams that are still competing....but who am I to say how others spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon, or their entire miserable lives....

So, Clemson is a slight favorite over OSU
    LSU is -10 against OK.

Discuss. Rationally, if possible.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

you said rationally...

LSU wins, Clempson wins. Clempson beats LSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Which team is in the SEC? Cause whoever it is, they have to win, right?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    LSU wins, Clempson wins. Clempson beats LSU.
    The End.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The CFP folks got it right in my opinion . Does not matter who is 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th in my book although I can not understand why they are sending to east coast teams all way to AZ instead of the LSU/OK. CFP does need to take fans into account since this is what drives college football

End of day does not matter WHO you play , if you want to be NC you have to beat ANYONE you face.

You hear a lot of media saying neither LSU nor OSU wanted to play Clemson first round, I call BS on that. These coaches/teams are where they are for a reason and just want the chance to win a Natty

Really do not think OK has much for LSU after all they let a 3rd string QB take them to OT but OK won the right to be there but again that is why they line up and play

Honestly not sure how Tigers will do but at least we got a shot and that is all you can ask for

I am looking forward to it. I dont play for Clemson nor do I call the plays. I just watch...and get into it more than I should.

Clemson is unproven. We have not had to fight back down two touchdowns in the 3rd quarter. I dont know what that means, though. Are we ready? Are we rested? Do we have any clue how to face adversity? We shall see....

I DO think that Dabo and his staff are ready. They have been here before. You can make comparisons to one of the other times we have been in the CFP (I feel like we are in it every year? Is that just me?) but who knows how the ball will bounce come game time.

I predict clemson beats OSU then LSU, but ECU still says something stupid.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Clemson will beat OSU by 2 TD's. LSU and OK are going to score a combined 90 points+, but LSU will prevail.

LSU squares off against the real Tigers in the Natty. Clemson wins another one..... then it's "back the shitter" after that.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

If I'm OSU, I lean on the power run game with a good RB and QB. Try to shorten the game and hope Clemson misses some opportunities. If Clemson gets the normal number of possessions, its hard to see them not scoring 35ish. I'm not sure OSU can score that on Clemson. I'll go Clemson 38-28

I think LSU is better than OK, but Hurts has been here before, and OK can score. I think LSU locks down Lamb with Fulton, and overwhelms OK over time. 45-24
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

LSU & Clemshit look really good. OU's D is not great. Hurt's looks like smartest kid in the world right now. The hell with OSU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    The CFP folks got it right in my opinion . Does not matter who is 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th in my book although I can not understand why they are sending to east coast teams all way to AZ instead of the LSU/OK. CFP does need to take fans into account since this is what drives college football

End of day does not matter WHO you play , if you want to be NC you have to beat ANYONE you face.

You hear a lot of media saying neither LSU nor OSU wanted to play Clemson first round, I call BS on that. These coaches/teams are where they are for a reason and just want the chance to win a Natty

Really do not think OK has much for LSU after all they let a 3rd string QB take them to OT but OK won the right to be there but again that is why they line up and play

Honestly not sure how Tigers will do but at least we got a shot and that is all you can ask for
    1-4 may not matter to you but it does to some (not me). Every school in the playoff is closer to ATL than Glendale,AZ.
    It would be 3x farther for LSU. That’s why seeding matters. The better argument is get rid of the rose bowl and fiesta playoff spots and pick something more neutral

Tprice quote...."
    You hear a lot of media saying neither LSU nor OSU wanted to play Clemson first round, I call BS on that. These coaches/teams are where they are for a reason and just want the chance to win a Natty".

I think the best chance to beat Clemson is in the 1st CFP game before they get any more confident.

They've heard all the talk and just like the fans and experts,....there's some doubt in the back of their heads. Jump on them early, a few turnovers,and some bad decisions........and OSU has a good chance.

If they throttle OSU, it's pretty much over for LSU. Burrows can't play any better than he did against Georgia.

I'm excited about the other bowl matchups

And Go Tigers (real tigers from Louisiana)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-09-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Clemson and LSU advance. LSU takes the title.

I predict over the next few weeks the national talking heads will hammer the narrative that an 8 team playoff is crucial because there is no “parity” and America is tired of the (mostly) same 4 teams making the playoff.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Why do y'all think Climp is better than OSU? Serious question.

For starters, they are favored.

The 3 week prep is key. That fast turn around from semi to final is the hard part. If there is any advantage its that LSU may get a couple of days to prep for Clemson/OSU winner.

And networks could not care less about the butts in the seats at the stadium. In fact they would send all 4 teams to china if they could. That would guarantee more butts on the couch watching commercials.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    It's seriously hard to tell with both teams schedules. OSU was impressive coming from behind against Wisconsin. Clempzin has the worst (or best) schedule in the nation & hasn't faced anyone with a pulse. But, they have the weapons & handled all their bidness.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    QB- advantage Clemson

RB- though some think its close, advantage Clemson

WR - Advantage Clemson

DL- Advantage OSU

Back 7- Advantage Clemson

Special Teams - Advantage OSU

Experience - Advantage Clemson

I hate yankees - Advantage Clemson
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    For starters, they are favored.
    Thanks for your input?

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    The 3 week prep is key.
    Y'all have had 14 weeks of practice and scrimmages. How much more prep do you need?