Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bentley leaving! yea!!!

The problem with not paying the buyout the coots just spent and are still spending millions in upgrades. 247 ranks them 7th in facilities in the country (of course Clemson is 1st per 247). The booster paid and borrowed to win. Saving a few million shouldn’t be a reason not to hire winner when you are building a new $50 million football operations center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with BT2. Chumps buyout is pocket change compared to what they are spending on what they are "tryino" to achieve
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I don't know man. His buyout is 40% of the cost of the building upgrades. It is no small sum.

We get the impression that funds are unlimited when it comes to college football, but teams have gotten into financial trouble before. Maryland comes to mind.

This discussion of coaches and facilities reminds me of kid travel baseball. All the logos, fancy uniforms, $800 bats, elite tourneys, walk up music, rings for the upper middle southern upstate, early summer regional 3rd division Saturday world tournament championship...

then these fellas show up and mercy rule your fashion show in the 3rd inning...

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    This discussion of coaches and facilities reminds me of kid travel baseball. All the logos, fancy uniforms, $800 bats, elite tourneys, walk up music, rings for the upper middle southern upstate, early summer regional 3rd division Saturday world tournament championship...

then these fellas show up and mercy rule your fashion show in the 3rd inning...

:snicker: #truthbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Why you gotta go bring up Citadel and App St?

I agree they should have just taken their medicine and fired him after Saturday. While it's hard to admit as a Carolina fan who is out there right now that would want to inherit this shit show? While I don't necessarily agree with keeping Muschamp it's probably the lesser of two evils for this year. If he can retain the big running back recruit along with the Doty kid that to me is a win given how things have deteriorated over the course of this season. If he can bring in an innovative OC and leave him the hell alone maybe we can have a decent 7-5 season next year. " Yes I know wait til next year.." If that doesn't happen then you have to clean house next year and start over. A year ago I laughed at those of you claiming that 10 in a row could happen in the rivalry, now I see it more as a probability than not unless something drastic changes in Columbia because I don't see anything changing at Clemson anytime soon. Now on to Christmas and duck season and thankful this abortion of a football season is over!
    Last edited by BCR3; 12-03-2019 at 10:23 AM.

I think they only waited because of the turmoil with prez and BOT. SC had a loyal fan base and now the have the facilities. Tanner did well with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I think they only waited because of the turmoil with prez and BOT. SC had a loyal fan base and now the have the facilities. Tanner did well with that.

I agree. They should probably start cleaning up the BOT and President issues first before moving on to a football coach. Until those folks are all on the same page any coach here will be fighting an uphill battle. The job is hard enough at Carolina without your BOT and President airing your dirty laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

Or maybe they aren't ready to go "all in " on performance enhancing drugs and paying recruits/family members..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Why would a decent OC or any decent position coach come to SC right now? It's pretty much a given that if Muschamp doesn't do well next year, he will be gone. Whoever they decide to bring in as HC will probably bring in his own people wouldn't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    Why would a decent OC or any decent position coach come to SC right now?
    Seriously?
    The flagship state university
    Coaching in the SEC
    Multi- million dollar salary
    Powerball type buyouts

oh, and playing against ranked teams
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-03-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Or maybe they aren't ready to go "all in " on performance enhancing drugs and paying recruits/family members..

It worked across the state...why not
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Hillinski having surgery for torn minicus and ACL.

Ha well that should help with recruiting.... Come to Carolina where you can play as a true freshman but you might have to do it with a torn meniscus and ACL. Parents will be lining up to send their kids here now! At least if we had let him sit and played the 4th or 5th stringer there would be a better excuse for the offense being so God awful.

“If the team doc says he is cleared to play, he is healthy.”

According to Coach Bust.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Seriously?
    Coaching in the SEC
    Powerball type buyouts

Yep. That’s why AD Tanner got his 5th choice last time.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Seriously?
    Coaching in the SEC
    Powerball type buyouts

That SEC thing y’all keep throwing out there is just funny. UofSC is to the SEC,what Nauru is to the United Nations.

Seriously?
    Coaching in the SEC
    Powerball type buyouts

I mean, pretty much knowing that you're done when Muschamp gets fired. The HC has the power to clean house if/when they hire a new one right?

First person he should R U N N O F T is that idiot that calls the games on the radio. He is the epitome of a USuCK loser.