Thread: Florida 1st split

Default Florida 1st split

Had a few good hunts, had a few mediocre hunts. So far so good. Ready for more...

Last edited by tman; 12-02-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

For some folks it’s hard to believe that Florida can offer better waterfowling opportunities than SC. I loved my time down there and it looks like you’re making the most of yours as well!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Florida is the worst state in the union. Change my mind.

Haha. You ever heard of California?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Haha. You ever heard of California?
    Have I ever!! Waiting patiently for my orders to find out where I'm moving this coming summer and hoping that it's back to Northern California!! My top 6 picks off the job list were all out there and I also had Seattle up there at the top!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Tman if you do any hunting along east of north east side of Okeechobee and surrounds WMAs let me know, I have had alot of success in that area and I obviously dont hunt those parts anymore since i moved away.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Florida is the worst state in the union. Change my mind.
    Get off of the coast of Florida and away from Orlando, and Florida looks like any other southern state. Florida also has the most diverse fishing opportunities in the entire country. Saltwater, freshwater and exotic species in the glades and southern part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Have I ever!! Waiting patiently for my orders to find out where I'm moving this coming summer and hoping that it's back to Northern California!! My top 6 picks off the job list were all out there and I also had Seattle up there at the top!
    Just visited washington/oregon/Idaho in October. Holy crap the ducks up there are ridiculous. Can't wait to go back with a shotgun.

I end up going to Florida a lot for sporting Clay's tournaments. I always see a lot of ducks. And a shit ton of sandhill cranes. They should open a season on sandhill cranes.
    Last edited by Gander; 12-02-2019 at 11:10 AM.

For some folks it’s hard to believe that Florida can offer better waterfowling opportunities than SC. I loved my time down there and it looks like you’re making the most of yours as well!
    Not hard at all for me to believe. Being better than SC ain't saying a whole lot.
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-02-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    They should open a season on sandhill cranes.
    Yes. I feel like the population would be sustainable for 1 per person per season for sure. Or make it lotto

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Just visited washington/oregon/Idaho in October. Holy crap the ducks up there are ridiculous. Can't wait to go back with a shotgun.
    Well if I get back out there this summer we’ll have to set up a trip. I’ll have everything you need to kill birds. All you have to do is show up with gun, shells, and license and we’ll commence to killing!!

Fuck florida.

Jealous - save me a Fulvous....
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Well if I get back out there this summer we’ll have to set up a trip. I’ll have everything you need to kill birds. All you have to do is show up with gun, shells, and license and we’ll commence to killing!!
    Sounds great! Already got some hunting spots picked out, and I'm sure you do too!!!

Flying over Inland Florida recently, I was surprised at how extensive the ag operations were. Every farm seemed to have a system of canals that lead to a marshy looking flooded section that must have been runoff reservoirs. It all looked pretty ducky.

More ducks and less hunters. I rarely ran into another duck hunter unless I was on a WMA.