Thread: Fowler’s First Speckled Trout

Default Fowler’s First Speckled Trout

Went with my family down to James Island for the weekend, to stay with my wife’s folks for Thanksgiving in James Island Campground. Enjoyed the lights in the park, both the boys liked the train ride, but finally got a chance to take the boat out yesterday and do some fishing with Fowler. I’m far from knowledgeable with saltwater fishing, but am learning a little each time. Talked with a gentleman in a kayak who was catching trout and a few Redfish pretty steady. He was on one side of a pier, we were on the other. He told me to come over where he was and try. Had a glow eye jig head and white swimming mullet. Changed up my retrieve and started getting some bites. Finally got a couple good bites, and once hooked, handed Fowler the rod and he got them to the boat. 13” and 12” trout, but he had a blast, and so did I. Let him drive the boat a few minutes too. After seeing me hold and release the first trout, he wanted to hold the 2nd, and release it. Was proud of him for not being scared to hold the fish. Hard to believe he will be four in January. Time flies.

FFA82E23-B5B0-48B4-AC43-28B846D745DE.jpg

That’s awesome man. Mines only 7 months but can’t wait to make some memories like this.

Good job gettin him on some fish.

Very nice. I bet he had a blast. My aunt and uncle camp there the week of Thanksgiving every year we were there Thursday night with our 2 boys.

Good stuff.

I just saw this Chris,
    Nice day w/ your son!

Fantastic!

Like.